Going rate for 1.8T

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by Seizure, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Seizure Forum Member

Just been offered an Audi A6 1.8T lump. Engine code AEB. It's just the engine, with manifolds, turbo etc. But no managment, clocks, keys, ECU etc.

How much is it worth? Just so I can gauge if his asking price is reasonable.

Oh, and unsure of mileage. From an R reag A6. Looks quite a clean lump, so can't have done too many.
    Edited by: Seizure

2. JEZ

Jez Forum Member

Personally I'd walk away if it has no loom, keys, ecu etc especially as you have no idea of the mileage. Perhaps worth in the region of 300, but I'm just guessing here and the mileage would certainly effect its value.

I've been offered 150bhp 1.8t engines complete with 'box, ecu, loom, clocks, keys etc for 700 and low miles.

[edit] poor spelling [:$]
    Edited by: Lemming

3. Andy947 Forum Addict

Where you findin engine complete for 700

Will be in the market for one as soon as i get the insurance money.....

4. Seizure Forum Member

Ouch!!! What happened to that Andy?

OK, but if I plan on putting it into a MkII/Jetta, I'll need new manifolds anyway (A6 being longitudinal). A new turbo can be easily sourced, or even a bigger one! And most people chuck out the standard management anyway cos of the hassle and lack of tune-ability. So why mess around paying for stuff you don't want? I'm sure I could find an OEM ECU and a loom to fit it I REALLY wanted to. Sod it. I think I'll have it. Think it'll be the best 150 I've spent in a long time.

Cheers for your help guys.

5. JEZ

Jez Forum Member

Andy, Mike at Jabbasport told me (well my dad actually) about the engines, when in for a remap. If I recall correctly there was a 225 tt engine for 1400, but this was a couple of months back.

I haven't asked about any engines since, due to lack of car etc, but Mike will be my 1st port of call when I do.

150...blimey, good going seizure and like you said, if you aren't planning to use OE management then no point having it.

AFAIK there used to be an issue when keeping the OE management due to the built in immobiliser. It meant you needed everything including the keys to run it. I believe designa dubs have found a way around this problem.