GOLF 2 GTI ABF - Injector problem - Ecu

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sandro Krizanovic, Nov 6, 2023.

1. Sandro Krizanovic New Member

Hi there, I have a long term problem on my golf 2 gti abf swap. So i changed every part i could (injectors, spark plugs, cables, main cable box...) Problem is, third cilinder is not working because its overfilled with injector (when i give ignition third injector is already pumping fuel continiously, the rest three are pumping impulsive while starting, third is spraying like crazy)And also its smoking white like crazy, but pure petrol. So car cant work on all 4, I also tried to change injectors on 1 and 3 and its the same... but when i try to change the wires on 1 and 3 (from ecu to injector jack) third one starts to work and first stops... Can"t find other ecu that fits on the car even if i remove code it doesnt start... anyone had that problem please help...(tried to check wires they are all fine and not melted or anything..)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2023
  2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

so if you swap the wire for injector 3 to injector 1 the problem moves? what about if you unpin injector wire 3 from the ecu plug, it should be ecu pin 26., if problem stops, wiring is ok and your ecu is fried. if not, then you have a short on that pin in the harness

3. Sandro Krizanovic New Member

i tried to unpin wire from ecu, works on 3 cilinders but without smoke because there is no fuel coming, as soon i assemble it on any cilinder (that 3rd cil injector wire) it starts to smoke and cilinder stops to work so your opinion is that ecu is fried then?

and tested wire it beeps on both ends..

4. rubjonny

yep suggests the ecu to me. might be a simple fix if you open it up for a look?

daNpy likes this.
  5. Sandro Krizanovic New Member

I opened it but nothing burned to see, even brought it to electrician, said it had some poor welds and fixed it but nothing changed..

6. rubjonny

shame, think you'll just have to search out a new ecu then :(

7. Sandro Krizanovic New Member

I'm trying and there is none, I found one bit it was without immobiliser, when i opened it it was way different then mine, so mine is last 2 letters BF and the one i bought is AB... electrician said it's not gonna work because its not the same when you compare motherboard..

so question is, if i find one with immobiliser and just program it it should work? It doesn't need to have BF letters at the and?

8. rubjonny

all abf ecu will work, the only thing you have to do if you fit early non-immo ecu is trim the lockout pegs on the socket so it'll physically plug in. if you get another immo ecu just need a registered copy of vagcom to code the immobiliser unit to it, takes all of 30 seconds