Golf 30 Edition 18"Black Monzas not for UK - Pester power required!

Discussion in 'Mk5' started by Ollieb7, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Ollieb7 New Member

Hi i've arrived from Golf GTIco.uk

I have ordered a 3 door in silver, sunroof, xeons, RCD 500 approx 4 weeks ago now. Upon seeing that the germans can choose between the pescara type wheels and the black monzas (see their configurator!) i contacted my dealer, then i contacted VW Milton Keynes - logged a complaint (you get a ref. No.) - why? The Black wheels are confirmed not to be available for the UK market - VW Germany's decision apparently? (ref. the Vortex article - it says UK?)

Now i have sent a mail to VW customer services Germany - isch bin goni giz.... waiting for a reply. Cant understand why we can't and yet the Germans can.. There must be a surples of these wheels when some Germans have spec'd the 'pish'cara wheels so out of interest i have asked if they would be available to purchase if they are going to stick to their bonkers guns on not supplying.

If you have ordered one of these cars and want the right wheels plase email VW Germany 'vw@volkswagen.de' and e-mail Milton Keynes.

2. Andy947 Forum Addict

Just get normal GTI ones and get em refinished in black.

No big deal really, can keep/sell the original ones [:[]

3. Ollieb7 New Member

No your right - not if you mind paying for anything twice!

4. Andy947 Forum Addict

I just bought a Brand New Polo GTI, I wanted a Cup Version, but VW didnt bring it to the UK, So i might Import the Panels and Build one. Do you see me Crying about it [:[]

5. Ollieb7 New Member

Being a member of author forums i know people want these wheels. As they have not built this car for the uk yet it is worth trying - whats your problem at that? Maybe if you had done the same before you bought your wifes car you might have got the Cup version. This thread is for people who have ordered a 30 ed. to pester VW Germany not for wide track buff boys to pester me! Go on you have a cry now as far as im concerned matter over!

6. Seraph Banned

Ahh...theres your problem......never buy for others (esp the missus!):lol:

7. mattio Forum Member

think they do look good on the red but iv ordered pearl black and personally i think they would look crap black on black but you are right that you should have the option if you do want them

8. is there not some European law that says if they sell it like that in Germany then the option has to be available to us English as well? Equal right!?

9. Seraph Banned

If it is, it must have come in recently, otherwise we'd have got a whole stack of other options on the mk4.

10. NBirkitt Forum Member

Edition 30 alloys

Ironically, when the 'prototype' of the GTI Edition 30 was first shown, a lot of the feedback on the UK and US forums was saying that the black Monzas were tat and that the car should come with polished BBS-type alloys, and VW marketing seems to have tuned in to this...

But yes, if the German market has an option, then it shouldn't be too difficult for UK to follow suit, although it does rather dilute the concept of a special edition with a very particular spec if customers can pick and choose major features like this (?)

11. Andy947 Forum Addict

What a load of crap.

Really, why bother registering just to post that [:[]

12. tt509 Forum Member

[​IMG]GTI Edition 30

13. jay500 New Member

wheels

:clap: i don`t know what all the fuss is over the black wheels they look s**t anyway as it has been said black wheels on a black car would look shocking!!you would look like "knightrider"LOL and well paint some monza2s up you will have no problem finding 2nd hand ones that are new as once you have scuffd or scratchd them they are f****d and you end up buying a replacement set as no one can re-furb them to the exact finish so the "knightrider"look can be givein to the cars, to be honist i have a few of these 30th`s orderd i think vw should have put more thourght into the 30th annaversary project i mean they should have kept it like the 25th annaversary in my view thats the niceist looking golf and still looks an eyefull now nearly 5years on they should have stuck to the three colours only and in 3dr trim a 30th GTI in 5dr why?? and well as for the colours 2blacks whats that all about should have just gave the option of diamond black and well steel grey yes its a nice colour iam a big fan of it when you see a GTI on 18"monzas it looks proper dont think it should have been in the line up thou and white nice aswell i personally like GTI`S in white and well as for the trim it should in my opinion have had the 950option wingd sports seats in cloth and half leather a build number like the 25th and well as for the wheels a set of 19" bbs ch`s sorry if anyone is upset over what i have said but you are all bangin on over human rights!! well this is just freedom of speach ha.... no stop cryin and deal with it enough said

14. sixpot Forum Member

Alright Jay, been speaking to Norm about these ed 30's, he was asking me about the 19" CH's, and other stuff too.
    My old fella is thinking of changing his car again, although why I don't know! he's not even done 3000 miles in his GTI DSG yet!! was hoping to buy it off him in a few years time! but he's narrowed it down to either the New S3 or the GTI Edition 30 (in tornado red)
    I was thinking that For a couple of extra k's he is in R32 territory.
    Lancaster Audi have got an S3 on demo which they've asked him to try, and I think once he trys that he will change his mind, but its criminal they have not launched it with the DSG option IMO.

15. jay500 New Member

i know what you mean no dsg its mad but that might be the thing waht swings him to a GTI there the same BHP the thing with them S3s is been in liverpool there all goin to have them soon enough if i were him he is best stickin with is car he will lose with only doin 3k in it i can REVO it for him them S3s as nice as they are there just big money and well the time you spec them its mad

16. sixpot Forum Member

I've told him he likes throwing money down the drain!!
    Its already been re-mapped by a guy who Alex @ Merseyspeed uses, pushing out about 245 BHP now. The DSG golfs sound awesome when they are 'chipped' they pop through the exhaust on every gear change when the engine is warmed up!!

17. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

I was also very disappointed when our edition30 came in, was having a good look around
    came to the conclusion the wheels are not amazing,I mentioned wheres the black monza wheels, and shouldn't it have a italic GTI front badge??

hows the official UK spec differ to the US or the Germany version??

18. sixpot Forum Member

Is this your new motor Terry? ;)