Golf mk1 gti front caliper upgrade

Discussion in 'Mk1' started by Sidwej, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Sidwej New Member

Hi there i want some bigger calipers for the front of my mk1 turbo it has a 285mm big disc conversion I got from tsr many years ago and uses standard calipers on spacer plates. I have heard that some audi 80sport calipers have the same bolt centers and fit on the original disc which is what i need as the poor old single piston jobbies have got so hot on the track they have melted the plastic sliders and have never been that great. So anyone know what I can fit as I want to keep the 285mm discs?

Thanks in advance Sidwej

2. Jon Olds Forum Junkie

Air, air air. Whatever you put on there you will have to get rid of the heat. Spend some time ducting. You are in a decent position
    in that at least you can generate the heat. Cheapest 4 pots are willwood, Rally design are main stockiest, there was some 'off the peg brackets available
    at one time. I will have a search through my brake box of bits and put up a piccy or two
    Jon

3. Sidwej New Member

Cheers Jon do you know what size disc the willwoods are for? I think you could be right with the air ducting I don’t know why I didn’t think of that before im making some up right now cheers. If you got some pictures you could post that would be great

4. Jon Olds Forum Junkie

Never taken any pics of my air ducts. Its not rocket science.
    Wilwoods will fit 256, 280, 300 etc, see the drawings
    You are into measure, design and make do
    Regards
    Jon