Golf mk2 1.3

Discussion in 'Carburettor' started by Martin_Hill_1989, Nov 5, 2007.

1. hello there i have got a mk2 golf 1.3 ryder on a j plate i was wondering where the screw is to adjust the idle and air and fuel mixture as that i dont have a clue and need some help as runs rough. if pictures available would be very thankful
    regards martin:) :)

2. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

Not sure what carb you'll have on that, probably Pierburg 2E3?

[​IMG]

Item 9 = Idle speed control screw, Item 10 = Mixture screw; looks like they might be just near where the throttle cable spindle is. Never looked at one up close, so can't say for sure.

3. thank you very much i will try adjusting it today thank you

4. EZ does it Forum Member

they can be a ***** to find, on my j reg ryder.. if i remember right, you have to look under the airbox on the left, quite far under theres a plastic tube that guides your flathead screwdriver to the idle screw, have a look with a torch first, youll probably have to feel your way there as its a bit cramped, you could take the airbox off but thats more work.

5. Supercharged Forum Member

This could also be single point injection if a late one - ie not adjustable...