Golf mk2 electric mirror problem

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by mbradbrook, Feb 18, 2010.

1. mbradbrook Forum Member

Evening all,

I've just bought a set of electric mirrors for my mk2 16v but the drivers mirror is missing a crucial part. It's the small plastic rack that makes the mirror tilt up and down - see pic below:
    [​IMG]

Does anyone have an old electric mirror (lefthand or righthand) that still has this part - it doesn't matter if the rest of the mirror is knackered.

Cheers

Matt

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

dont think i have any spares, but fyi corrado and passat use the same motor. also ive even seen something very similar on beemers before, prob e30 but cant remember. i didnt actually take it out to see if it would fit, but it looked right when i walked past :lol:

3. sidgolf Forum Member

agree with this-a mirror motor from an e30 fitted straight into my golf mirror-shell,was identical.

would imagine any bmw mirror- motor from around that era would fit-land other car-makers could have used the same part around that time.

4. mbradbrook Forum Member

Thanks for this. I've just posted on the Corrado forum to see if anyone has got an old mirror with this part. At least its easier to get hold of than a Golf mirror.

I also need the heated glass for the drivers side - phoned GPC but apparantly this is now obsolete[:^(] . Does anyone have one??