Golf Mk4 1.8T Tune up

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by Magnus, Jan 9, 2004.

1. Magnus New Member

Hello all. I just Bought a Golf GTi and i want to add some stuff to it. Filter, Exhaust, chip.

What do you reccomend? What types of stuff? And what stuff? What filters are best?

I had my first race yesterday :p

Raced a Dodge Stealth that is 220 hp, and lost by half carlenght [:D] That is good concidering i only have 150 hp and i had a passenger. Not him.

2. harry_the_cake Forum Junkie

If you want to fit an after market filter, do not get one that uses oil. It will gunk up your MAF sensor. I'd go for one of these new Jap jobbies that use no oil at all.

Best exhaust seems to be a Miltek item. Nice sound, good power.

As for a remap, there are loads, APR,REVO,Ottinger,jabbasport etc etc. Do some reading on http://www.uk-mkivs.net for some good advice.

You will probably need to uprate your recirculating dump valve as well, as the standard diaphragm DV gets a tad weak after a while. A new one from an audi TT will work well, or you could go for an aftermarket piston type.

After that lot, you should see somthing in the region of 195-200bhp. After that you can get into turbo conversions etc for super power, but that'll cost ya a bit more.

Enjoy your new car!

3. Magnus New Member

Anyone got some more answers?