Golf Mk4 - Rear Door Speakers?

Discussion in 'ICE' started by Serkan, Dec 16, 2003.

1. Serkan New Member

Looking to put some rear speakers in the rear doors of my fathers 03 Mk 4 and wondered what size I would need?

Any recommendations on some Coaxials? They wont be amped and fed from a 4 x 52W Sony Headunit.

Also would anyone know if when I take the door card off if VW kindly laid the wire already for the speaker or will I have to thread a new wire in?

Thanks,

Serkan

2. xxnavxx New Member

Raar Door Wiring

Firstly if you have a stock Mark 4 Golf Headunit you will have to get that changed as this doesnt support rear door speakers[:^(] .

Then you have to fed a wire from the headunit to the rear doors, if you get this done professionaly (as its not a easy job) they can charge anywere from 40-100[8(] .

Another problem i faced was trying to even the the power of the front 2 speaskers to the back ones .. as the front speakers are mighty strong so i advise these ... (the link)

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/4697.html <--- these are the Pioneer: TS-A172C A-Ccelerate Series

Hopefully those will put up a pretty good fight:) .