golf painting

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by Mk2 Jettagod, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Mk2 Jettagod Forum Member

i dont know but it urinees me off cos i aint got it anymore

2. JAY

Jay Forum Member

correct me if i'm wrong, but it looks like most panels and the chassis is damaged.

Why would you still want it?

3. AndyCEB Forum Junkie

It sounds like a shed, there are plenty of nice honest Mk2s about, shouldnt both with fixing this one up

Why you going to bother flushing the back if your selling it? No one is going to pay more for a flushed boot.

I think you are going to loose money on the car, you cannot fix it up and turn a profit on it, too much work envolved and nice ones are cheap and plentyful

Sorry but its better you really think about it before wasting anymore money on it, you should have learnt your lesson from all the money you lost on that G60 engine transplant! ;)
    Edited by: AndyCEB

4. jprocter Forum Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah it just gets better and better

5. alby Forum Junkie

:clap: you forget its a five door too ;)

6. monza 16v Forum Member

Are you going to flush the tailgate yourself?
    Can't wait to see the results :lol:

7. AndyCEB Forum Junkie

TV Wheeler dealer style, ill slop abit of filler in there! :lol: Next bump he has and it comes falling out!

8. Rahul Forum Junkie

great find :clap:

9. Mk2 Jettagod Forum Member

i want to do it up as i have notin to do these days as my old boss wouldnt take me back after i called him an ass hole for giving me the boot in the first place
    and no i aint gonna fill the hole with filler i am planning on welding a pannel over it first.
    having the golf gives me a reason not to stay in bed all day long and if i get a job before i finnish it i will more than likly keep it and hunt down some people who dissed my jetta for some revenge (local people no one on here till it goes alot faster)

10. Dave J Forum Member

Pics! We want to see your new motor.. [:D]
    Edited by: Dave J

11. GolfMk3 Forum Member

i think u should stop for a second.

sell all the parts you have, and the base car, and put the money on a table. count the money, and then go on www.autotrader.co.uk, and find the best Golf you can with the money.

make sure it has all doors fitted, and tailgate. also check for 4 wheels, and a bonnet.

If these seem ok, hand over said cash and drive home

12. AndyCEB Forum Junkie

ROFL! :lol: :clap: :lol:

13. Mk2 Jettagod Forum Member

i got a better idea!!
    how about i dont and i fix this car?
    o yeah i think i will do that cos i want to!

14. hayesey Forum Junkie

are you aware of the phrase "flogging a dead horse"?

15. jprocter Forum Member

or u cant polish a turd [:^(]

16. Raucous Forum Member

so where is the picture of this car that you're gonna do up?

17. DuBDuDe Forum Member

hasnt anybody told you that when you throw money at a golf you dont actually get it back when you selll it????

If you paint it yourself and have never painted anything beofre it probably going to look poo too.

18. Chris H Forum Junkie

[​IMG]

:thumbup:

19. AndyCEB Forum Junkie

:lol: @ chris

20. stew72 Forum Member

if you prep yourself and do it PROPERLY a bodyshop will probably charge you around 200-250.

If its helios blue then I have all the panels in the right colour ;) which need some localised repairs.

PM me if your interested and can pick them up from Norwich.