Good carb tuner in Gr. London?

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by thegave, Jan 3, 2009.

1. thegave Forum Member

I'm looking for a decent place to have my 1.6 Driver carb tuned in the Greater London area. I live in North Central London; know about Stealth but I've read that they don't do carb tunes.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Supercharged Forum Member

VW seem to be the only people who know how to set a 2e2 / 2e3 up now, they have all the tools and correct info - you just take your chance at finding a dealer with a technician old enough to have gone on the Peirburg courses.

Well worth getting right tho, when I had my 1.6 driver it started to hesitate and overrun and fuel economy dropped to around 300 miles per tank from 350 - 70 at VW for new waxstat and setup and my economy shot up to about 400 miles per tank and ran so much better!

3. thegave Forum Member

What if I had a Weber?

I'd like to have it tuned and rejetted to match the mods I've done (GTI cam, dizzy, mani, head).

300 a tank! I'm barely getting over 200!

They don't necessarily have to be within the M25, I don't mind doing a bit of driving, to say Storm in Reading. Stealth is a bit too far. Just recommend a good place that will definitely tune and re-jet a Weber for a reasonable fee.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  4. stuey Forum Member

My mate used to work next to Redline tuning in Iver, Bucks which is not far from Uxbridge (M25 J16). The guy has been tuning carbs for many years, set my mates Mini up on twin 40's. Give him a ring and have a chat, see if he can help.

5. thegave Forum Member

I'm gonna bump this. Anyone recommend someone nearby to work on Dellortos?

Really would prefer within the confines of TFL.

Does Southern Carb do Dellortos? Middlesex Tuning does not. Have been to Power Engineering they've done all they can.

6. thegave Forum Member

Still need someone who knows their way around Dellorto's specifically.

7. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Will have a look at it on the dyno day. Have to go dig up for my balancer tool then again heck I have my ears:lol: !

8. thegave Forum Member

Need someone with a bunch of real jets too... I'm not a huge fan of people soldering up and redrilling the jets because it means
    a)I don't know what the hell I'm running
    b)I can't easily de-tune them come MOT time.