Grant Motorsport

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by SteveoM3, Aug 23, 2005.

1. SteveoM3 Forum Member

Anyone ever heard of them, are they any good? does anyone have any contact details, they seem to be out of date on their website, and they don't respond to email, doesn't exactly give a good impression first off [:s]

2. chrismc Forum Junkie

Stay away Steve ;)

Grant is notoriously hard to get hold of...& I believe their company phone has been cut-off... [:s]

Go for Autotechnik in Southampton. Top work & very friendly/courteous & reasonable with it.....my old 2L 8v was built up by Al ;)

3. thebluebus Forum Junkie

Nice guy, fantastic knowledge, almost impossible to get hold of unless you go down there.

4. jjarvis Forum Junkie

Spoke to someone who had a Mk2 VR conversion done by them, car came back with 2 fuseboxes[:s]

5. chrismc Forum Junkie

.....but more importantly, How long do people have to wait for conversions to be completed??????

Being a reasonably local guy, I have heard nothing but major horror stories... [xx(]

Yes some of his engines have been good, Vento Gareths VR on ITBs, Malc Rings Bullit gold mk1 & there old burnt orange mk1 (Steve Carroll?) but their reputation is shocking [8(]

6. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

I met someone that was having a Rallye 1.8T conversion done, he had the car for over 2 years and made no progress despite thousands of investment by the owner!! [8(]

It took me 3 weeks to get an exchange VR6 head from him at the end of 2002.

I dont know how a business can operate properly without a land line. Its been cut off for 3 years now.

7. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Oh, and ask Mat-Mk3 about his dads 24v Mk3 Cab. He swore it was going to be done in 2 weeks, but its been about 6 months now eh Mat?? ;)

8. velly_16v_cab

velly_16v_cab Forum Junkie

that boy is from my region, the car STILL isnt finished

i beleive it is to be taken away from grants to be finish at another company which DOES deliver wot they promise *cough* Dubvelopments ;)

hmmm, i wounder if i get another phone call after i sl*gging him off again LOL

9. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

When i was speaking to him, he was that p***** off he just wanted to sell it and start agian with something else! :(

10. chrismc Forum Junkie

When my car was in at Spec-R recently having a nice ITB heatshield fabricated, the owner showed me a green Ralleye that had previously been sat at Grants for 2 years...Owner had just pulled the plug on the project due to the lack of action from GMS.....

Maybe the same car??

11. velly_16v_cab

thats the same car people, he has spoken to jody about getting the car from grants and finishing it so he can sell it.

[:^(] [:^(] [:^(]

gutting, i told him 18months ago to get it from there. Its scary how much he has spent on the car!!!

12. SteveoM3 Forum Member

Holly pooe, perhaps i'm glad I couldn't get hold of them :S

Thanks for the insight fellas! ;)

13. kirby Forum Junkie

Isn't Ventomike having his 20vt mk1 done at grant motorsport?

14. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

Yes, very happy with the work so far, I've got it back at home now to do a bit more for myself on it as driving up there all the time to work on it is a pain in the ass.

I think he should be known for his good input into the vw scene rather than his bad as he has sent some cracking cars out his doors in previous years and there are still more to come i'm sure. His normally aspirated engines especially are legendery...just look in the back of pvw (hall of fame)

15. Rahul Forum Junkie

But there have been too many instances of bad service.

What about all of Paul McCleerys problems with Grant?

16. velly_16v_cab

i agree with mike he had made some wicked motors (he you said, look in the back of PVW!) and also he does ALOT of the VW cup cars....

but that may be his downside, VW cup cars came first over my mates rallye [:^(]

Very poor service IMO

17. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

Your mate with the rallye....he is a absoloute legend! :lol: Even after chatting to him at length again the other day I still do not understand what the major hold up was all about, shame....would have been so bloody cool [:s]
    Edited by: Vento Mike

18. Rahul Forum Junkie

The problem was Grants priorities!

19. velly_16v_cab

yes that right, grant was telling him work was being done on the car and when he got down there the car wasnt touch, when he ask grant about this he tells him he got to work on the cup cars or other peoples cars [:x]

yes the car would have been sweet, shame the turbo was only rated for 350 brake tho! [:s]

20. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

Well i knew you would drop that in! :p

Yes it has been a while but there has been alot of problems with it. Not on Grants part, just a bit of bad luck. Mostly the breakers sending wrong/broken parts etc. Oh and we are waiting for the Gear box Makers now [8(]

It has been running though and we have had it back for a week before we sent it to have its problems sorted.

Not all bad. And if you cant get hold of him atm its because his phone is broken. Teach him for buying an NEC! :lol: