gti 16v wishbone

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by daziod78, Nov 28, 2010.

1. daziod78 Forum Member

hi folks, away to change the wishbones on my 16valver, never done this before on any car, do i have to remove the suspension or is it just a case of removing the 3 bolts that hold it on??

2. nhoj62

nhoj62 Forum Member

you mean 5 bolts that holds each wish bone and the little locating sleeve in the back bolt hole through the rear bushing. they are easy to do, just jack your car up, remove the wheel on the side you are doing, remove the three bolts that connect the wishbone to the bottum ball joint then the bolt in the front of the wish bone and then back bolt and sleeve then just pull it out. and installation is the reverse of removal.

john

3. welshwizzard88

welshwizzard88 Forum Member

Done mine i about hour a side only problem i had was the Drop Lik bolt from anti roll bar broke on both sides at it was very seized. It may be easier to remove the fron hub carrier if rear wishbone bush is tight to remove like mine was. But doing that way will mean you will need to get wheel allignmet checked.

Fingers crossed you have no bolt broblems read richard mk2 Wishhbone bolt thread!!

4. neil kaye Forum Junkie

out of interest where you getting the bones from,some companies sell the whole lot i.e wishbone,bushes,ball joint,drop link and bushes and all new bolts,here's an example
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-GOLF-JETTA...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item33621d1b96

5. daziod78 Forum Member

6. nhoj62

nhoj62 Forum Member

nice one mate glad you got it all done with out any grief