GTI Edition 30 misfire at idle,VW dealer say injector 4 problem any views on this?

Discussion in 'FSI (inc. GTI 2.0T)' started by S90NGRedition30, Dec 30, 2013.

1. S90NGRedition30 New Member

afternoon guys i'm steve :) hello ;) this is my first post in the forum and am looking for some advice... i have a GTI edition 30 and i have a misfire on idle, car drives fine but has been guzzling the juice a bit more than usual, vw dealer reckon its a faulty injector number 4 which they are charging 500+ to fix, so being a mechanic to trade, (left the motor trade 7 years ago) i decided to try n fit the injector myself, the injectors are situated under the inlet manifold and i would like advice on how to remove the manifold,,, there isn't much room and i have heard they are a nightmare,,, kind of putting me off and i might end up biting the bullet and putting it in to get done,,, i am hoping this fixes the problem,,, i have already replaced the plugs and coils with no difference,,, i have disconnected the MAF sensor as when this is connected the idle is far worse, any help/advice would be great

regards and all the best for 2014

2. micky1 Forum Member

3. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Same to your for 2014.

Could you get access to a VCDS machine and run a scan as well as a freeze frame?
    This is before to pull the manifold to remove the injector rail.
    I should have the procedure for removing the BYD? inlet manifold if all points to this direction.

4. S90NGRedition30 New Member

i am offshore at the moment but i will try this when i get home,,, thanks guys