GTi ENGINEERING

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by ereeiz, Jan 16, 2004.

1. ereeiz Forum Member

Hi. I have an 88 mk2 8v GTi. when I bought it, the engine I had in there was using masses of oil, so I changed it for a 91 engine and gearbox.

It only just occurred to me today that the old engine is actually quite nice to look at, then it clicked that the bloody great GTi engineering sticker on the back of the car may have something to do with it. Does anyone know where I can get any more info on this?
    Would the engine code help? (You'd have to tell me where it is though [:s] )
    It'd be interesting to know if the engine is standard or not, I may fix it and stick it in another car [:D]

I had a quick look on google and among the randomers, it came up with BBR. Is this the same company perhaps?
    Thanks.

2. alby Forum Junkie

bbr bought gti engineering a few years back.give them a bell them may keep records of the engine number for any conversions carried out.

3. jsync Forum Member

they dont keep records dating to pre BBR, but they will be able to tell you roughly what has been done. Check out the 2.1 liter thread answered by me