Guide for 1.8T engine into vw golf mk3?

Discussion in 'Mk3' started by faigolfgti, Feb 19, 2010.

1. LazyLunatic Forum Member

you need to make a hole in the bulkhead in the exact right position you need something to tension it right. i can get picture of it. its hard to explain....

i use a vr acc cable, its quite long so it got the length to do it.

cable clutch is just easier, as you dont have to change the pedal box over and pipe in the clutch. then just put on a mk2 1300 cable and your done. you can get the conversion bits from vw, but if you google it, there is lots of info. common thing done for a mk2 that have vr/2.0 16v conversions.

2. vee_dub_modder Forum Member

Okay i'm sold on the cable idea... conversion kit is around 80odd quid -- eep!

Just can't wait to accumulate all the bits and crack on. plan to change the suspension and wang some brembo 4 pots in the mix as well... i have a week off in a couple of months so i'll do it all then :) happy days!

3. LazyLunatic Forum Member

if i did it again, a quaife diff would be fitted!

brembos sound good, what are they 312's?

4. vee_dub_modder Forum Member

was thinking 323 but as the offset is different from the mk4 hub i will need to source some brackets or get some made up... i'll get my solid engine mounts made up first and see from there.

I'd love a quaife but dont want to sped that much dolla. i'm running 230bhp in the Leon atm and thats fine withough though my lauch at inters last year was pants lol.
    I'll be happy with 230 bhp though if i have the dolla closer to the time i may get a hybrid sorted out?? we'll see. maybe a k04?

5. LazyLunatic Forum Member

312's bolt on much easier and i they arent too much. always seems to be set knocking around in the classifieds of one vag forum. could go k04, if you can find all the bits you need for the conversion. anyone that sells the package, as in everything you need for converting to a k04, knows what its worth and they dont sell it cheap!

6. tminty83 New Member

Well my shopping list should be much shorter I should assume?? How similar are the vr6 parts above to the gti parts I have??

Am already starting with a gti 16v.

Although I am torn- should I wait and do this to a corrado(really fancy one atm)??!!

Troy

7. LazyLunatic Forum Member

gti 16v is the best base for a 20vt conversion. The vr6 parts are all the same as the gti 16v.

fuel pump
    all the subframe, wishbones, arb's.
    gearbox, flywheel, hydro clutch/pedal box
    brakes (depending on year, you can bolt on 312's)
    etc, etc

only thing you need is a sachs vr clutch. but you would fit a new clutch when doing it all anyway.

oh and off course all the 20vt turbo stuff too [:D]

management and engine loom however you want to do it
    AGU with a k03s bolted on
    fmic and custom piping
    nice qpeng downpipe and 2.5" system

happy days

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  8. vee_dub_modder Forum Member

Close but no cigar...
    AGU 20vt
    Ko3s hybrid,
    Adjustable FPR
    380cc injectors
    Revo stage 3 mapped management with immob defeat (cheaper then stand alone)
    Make your own 3" down pipe (cheaper again)
    LCR map sensor big ass itg filter
    FMIC VR6 pump...

bobs your uncle and fannys your aunt [:D] this is why i'll wont be doing the work untill may/june :lol:

Oh and some big ass porsche brakes [:D]

9. LazyLunatic Forum Member

sounds good, yeah i didnt finish the list of course, it will get bigger and bigger as you go along and there always something missing still!

anyway - should be pushing some serious power out of that! I would soooo be saving for a quaife diff to make use of that power! Im going to keep saying it, so sorry now and in advance [:D] [:D] [:D]

just use a 4bar fpr, you can get a genuine vw one and they will be more than enough for your applications. unless you need it to be adjustable for the map, or if the adjustable is cheap enough then i guess stick with it. fair play with making your own downpipe, if you can do that, then you going to fab your own zaust too?

what 380cc injectors you using?

10. vee_dub_modder Forum Member

not doing my exhaust, Blue flame are going to make my one up - straight through from the turbo to a twin exit [:D] (no box) -- i intend to wake the dead.

I'm going to be playing with some mapping so i want it adjustable between 4-5bar (i have a 4bar already i just put the leon back to stage 1 to sell so i'm full of 20vt goodies [:D]

think they're off a porsche, i'll let you know when i do. being supplied at a very very good price by a well known vw/audi tuner [:D] ditto for the hybrid too [:D]
    wrote a

Really loking forward to picking up my brembo's at the weekend now [:D] happy days!

11. LazyLunatic Forum Member

ahh nice, i got a set of green top injectors and a 4 bar fpr waiting if i ever go for a k04 or hybrid and want more power! that wouldnt be til after i get a rebuildt box with a lsd though.

brembos!!! woop! get some pics up when you get them, i wanna see them [:D]

12. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

You shouldn't need 4 bar with green top 440cc's. They haven't got the best spray pattern for the 16v/20v engines either. A DP's not that hard to make with the right tools

13. vee_dub_modder Forum Member

one pic sir...
    [​IMG]