Head unit HELP please

Discussion in 'ICE' started by Steve B, Dec 31, 2003.

1. Steve B Forum Junkie

I have a kenwood KDCMP6090R the mp3 playing kenwood

had it for about 2 - 3 years no problems anyway

lately i have been running it on standard dash speakers wired up to the speaker wire coming from the headunit, and its been working fine.

anyways i have finaly reinstalled some 6x9's and an amp and wired it all up as i have done 1000 times in the past, but it no worky

ive tested the amp its working fine, i ran another imput from another cd playing into it and powered it up fine

the cables are all fine i tested them with other imputs also

so it seems that the remote turn on is broken on the headunit as its sending no signal to the amp (as when using the same wire i run the end to a permanent 12v sourse the amp comes on but when attached to the headunit it doesnt)

and both RCA (thats the phono leads) dont work either using the same leads i have sent signals form my laptop to the amp no problem but when attached to the headunit no sound.

so does anyone know what could be worng

and as i take it the headunit is fecked, where can i get it repaiered and how much do you think it will be ?

2. Steve B Forum Junkie

oh just wanted to ad that the headunit works fine in all other ways, all the displays and menus are fine and it will play sound through the normal speaker wires.

it still even dimms wen the headlights are switched on.

3. Jeff Forum Junkie

no idea whats wrong, but if it saves you buying a new head unit / having it repaired, could you not just wire up the amp switch on to an ignition switched live?

4. Steve B Forum Junkie

yes i could but the rca leads arnt working either

so i still have no sound, i know i could wire the high level imputs up but i have a set of 200 speakers

so i may aswell just get rid of em if im gonna use the poo quality high level imputs :(

5. Steve B Forum Junkie

cheers for the suggestion tho jeff

6. Jeff Forum Junkie

oh, sorry I missed the RCA bit. Sure there isnt a setting on the head unit to disable the RCA output or something?

7. Steve B Forum Junkie

nope defo no setting and i disconnected it from the battery and receonnected it to default the settings

still not luck i think there is a master reset which i havent tried might give that a go in a mo

8. Steve B Forum Junkie

well crisis over turns out the rca's were working i was just being an idiot

but the remote wire is fecked, went down to a mate at a car audio store (max in car) he tested it all for me and the remote wire was fine on a new loom he tried but fecked on my old one for some reason

anyways replacing the loom with a new one so should all be okyday

9. TIM

Tim Forum Addict

what was up with your RCA's in the end??

did you have them pluged in to an out put on the amp instead, or something,

tim