Headunit pre-amp

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by mk1 driver, Jan 26, 2004.

1. mk1 driver Forum Junkie

The amp in the Mk4 isn't turning off with the headunit and is left draining the battery (not now of course) overnight. It use to turn off as it should do in the Mk3 but it doesn't do so in the Mk4 with the same setup and cables etc.

Any ideas whats up? [:s]

TIA, James.

2. Chris Forum Member

you could always add a switch to the remote?

3. mk1 driver Forum Junkie

Is it something to do with the Mk4 wiring loom, as I have read on uk-mkivs that quite a few people have added switches to their's? [:s]

I tried putting on a switch earlier, probably wrong but I had a switch with two screw down terminals, two bits of wire, one coming off the lead thats fed through the back of the dash going to one side of the switch and the other wire on the same terminal, going to the lead that comes from the HU itself.

yey oder ney? [:s] [:$]

If that is correct, it didn't work anyway [:[] [|)]
    (Also tried it on the other terminal of the switch)

I'm sure it needs two wires for the switch to work, but there's only one lead from the amp to the pre-amp, so how do's [:?:]

4. Dav33 In Delete Queue

yeap, had the same prob, also there is anova prob i've came across - that it doesnt store the radio stations and the last track postion (that was using Pioneer a HU, but all are different). wotcha gotta do is switch the red n yellow wires at the back of the hu (the ignition and battery). or jus put the Amplifier remote wire onto the igntion wire if it comes down to it. hope that helps!

dav