Headunit Recommendation mk2 16v

Discussion in 'ICE' started by chrismc, Nov 28, 2010.

1. chrismc Forum Junkie

Can somebody suggest a headunit I can use in my valver please.

It needs to have a permanent IPOD lead in the back and have a black case and green illumination to match the mk2 interior. No motoring or ugly face-plates either[:$]

I am a fan of Alpine stuff and had a great cd player in my 1st 8v. The car has a single slot Alpine now but I fancy something a bit more swish along with some Sony component speakers to replace the originals.

Apologies for being fussy- but I am sure there are others as fastidious as me, hence the reason for asking here!:lol:

Chris

2. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

3. chrismc Forum Junkie

Thanks for the link...loads to browse through!:)

4. jmsheahan CGTI Graphics Designer

Read my mind :thumbup:

I have the Alpine iDA-X311RR (pretty much the same but with red illumination) in my Mk2 and it's superb. Would highly recommend it as it's functional and super easy to navigate. The two leads can be routed down the back of the dash to either the glovebox or the passenger shelf for a tidy install (My ipod sits on the shelf and the usb wire sits in the glovebox)

I think it suits a mk2 dash well in terms of cosmetics with a splash of retro and it's not too chav :)