heater issues??

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by PB-1981, Sep 13, 2012.

1. PB-1981 New Member

hi guys and gals, with the cold snaps starting to close in a little now ive started to notice the morning drive into work a little frosty so no more windows down and sunroof open! :( also slightly more of a worry is the fact that while its not gone really cold yet the heaters dont seem to pump out vast ammounts of heat? having had a fair few mk3's that heated up in a couple of mins and you could cook cheese on toast with as a drive to work snack :) the mk2 seems very weak and i fear wont be close to the job come proper winter, is this just an age of the car thing or can i do something with it? any thoughts please??

pete

2. themylward Forum Member

Common problem on mk2's mate, it's usually just a case of adjusting the flaps that control the airflow behind the dash. They can slip out of position and the air doesn't get directed onto the heater matrix. I'm sure i've seen a thread on here somewhere. I'll post a link if I can find it again...

3. themylward Forum Member