Heavy rain & funny noises

Discussion in 'Passat' started by joe_bo, Sep 16, 2011.

1. joe_bo Forum Member

Hi, I have just done an engine swap last weekend on my b3 passat, swapping the 9a I had in it for a abf that I had in my caddy. I used everything from the Passat except the head block and alternator. When driving home just now it was absolutely tipping it down. Went through a couple of puddles and a sort or grinding noise started for a few moments after each patch of standing water, sounded at first like water boiling of the exhaust but don't think that was it. The clutch pedal also dipped a little so this gives me the impression water may have been getting on the clutch. I know this is not good but don't really have the time to fix it at the moment as I go away on holiday next week. Is it ok to keep driving or should I really try get it sorted.

Car is a passat b3 16v gt, block and head abf, gearbox is 02a out of passat, clutch is the abc jobbie. Any info would be appreciated. Cheers joe