Hello from retrowhore

Discussion in 'Say 'hello' in here.' started by retrowhore, Jan 8, 2011.

1. retrowhore Forum Member

Hey,

I'm a newbie here - decided to become a member because I was following Chris Eyre's Motorsport threads so much it seemed to make sense :p

I've long been into VW Motorsport Golfs and always wanted to build a Mk2 16v rally rep. The Idorap site and Chris' input here have inspired me so last year I picked up a mega cheap 8v GTI from an ED38 user.

This is how it came. Needless to say there are some issues to address pronto!

[​IMG]

It's scabby and I am slowly sorting mechanical and cosmetic issues but I love it! It's my first toe back into Mk2's having recently had Mk1's, 3s and 4s. It's taxed and tested and to date uber reliable.

I also own a T3 Transporter Syncro and these have been my dailies for a few years. The Mk2 is a step back to smaller retro motoring for me.

I'm planning on building a retro, motorsport style ride and have begun to collect some period accessories. I'm an Ebay whore so it will be a proper bitsa build like most of my dubs to date.

The build thread so far is here but I may create one here. The feedback would be useful.

Anyway - hello!!!

2. scottish lass

scottish lass Forum Member

Hello and welcome! :)

Loving your name!! :lol:

3. retrowhore Forum Member

Thanks!

Glad you like it :p

4. m1keh Forum Member

Welcome, make us a build thread here, it's nice to see builds inspired from research on the site.

5. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

Hi mate, welcome to the forum... :thumbup:

For less than 500 you cant go wrong with a black 3dr 8v. Looks nice and low too...

Will keep an eye out for the progress in the members car section :thumbup:

6. retrowhore Forum Member