Hello from South Africa, Durban

Discussion in 'Say 'hello' in here.' started by Smok3X, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Smok3X New Member

Hi guys,

I am from South Africa, the city of Durban, which I am sure most of you never heard of until the recent World Cup:lol:

I drive an MK1 with a standard ABF Motor, that is running on VW's MP9 injection system. My car was a 1.4i, and was still in Production in its current spec, right up untill a few months ago 2010[xx(] I changed the Motor for the ABF and used the same MP9 wiring loom, the ECU was flashed, limiter moved to 7000rpm, then tuned in real-time on the road and then fine tuned on the Dyno... and Hello 155HP ATW :thumbup:

I did most of the conversion myself and know a thing or two about cars, as I am really passionate about my MK1. My car is my daily drive and drag weapon on Race days. I am looking forward to learning ALOT from you guys, as from what I have read, your knowlege and experience on the 16v Motor is quite extensive! :clap:

2. danster Forum Addict

Hello and welcome to CGTI.:thumbup:

I found out a couple of years ago that South Africa has a huge interest in motorsport, and that there are some very innovative and skilled people out there.

3. gtiballs Forum Member

welcome mate:thumbup:
    as an ex jo'burg resident i have been to durban a couple of times:thumbup:

nie meer foto's van die top mk1...

4. Mr_Gill Forum Member

Hello

5. Smok3X New Member

Yip, we have some very talented people here in SA. There is huge interest in Motorsport and particularly VW's. The JHB guys love there Track racing and Drag racing, but here in Durban, its mainly Drag racing as we dont have a track... But we have some pretty quick MK1 Drag cars. A 2.0l 16v Turbo MK1 managed a 9.9s run in JHB. A 2.0l 16v MK1 with ITBs managed an 11.3s run! Not too shabby hehe