Help appreciated 16v

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by Sam-Oak-Green-mk2, Apr 18, 2024.

1. Sam-Oak-Green-mk2

Sam-Oak-Green-mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

Right found the co adjuster screw with the snap-on 3mm Allen but my adjuster will not budge any suggestions on the the best way to free up. I’ve currently just used wd40 and I’m goner let it sit. Anyone had the same problem

2. Zender Z20

Zender Z20 Paid Member Paid Member

Close up of the screw itself, plus the arm it threads through with everything else stripped away to give you an idea in your minds eye of what's in there.

It and the arm pictured sit within a larger arm (not pictured) which has a forked clamp into which the dished end of the screw is pressed (it slots in from the side so can't be pressed in /out again without dismantling the arms).

The screw is soft metal, it'll round out very easily.

The portion of the screw that the allen key sits in is probably only 2mm deep, so not much and you can understand why even a little dirt will quickly block it.

Ordinarily the screw should turn easily, if it's free.

Don't force it, if it'll not move something's wrong.

WD40's useful but I've found a dedicated penetrant like 'Plusgas' will work when it and others don't.

IMG20240428142153.jpg

IMG20240428142255.jpg

IMG20240428142340.jpg

IMG20240428142426.jpg

3. Sam-Oak-Green-mk2

All I’ve got to hand is wd40 but will try plusgas next time I was also thinking of adding heat via a gas solder flame on the screw top and bottom as what’s sitting in the head was dried oil probably from the breather and heat might help soften the dried oil

4. Sam-Oak-Green-mk2

Has anyone got the torque settings for everything for fitting a water pump to hand.
    I.e pas pump, alternator, pulleys, thermostat housing and brackets..
    Also cambelt tensioner whilst I’m there cambelt will be done.
    Thanks in advance