Help! can anyone give me an idea on a price range for my 1994 Golf GTI 2.0 8v

Discussion in 'Mk3' started by 8valvenut, Sep 20, 2008.

1. 8valvenut Paid Member Paid Member

I bought a 5 door MK3 Golf GTI in Jan 07 and never had a problem with it until June 2008 when the gear box knacked up. The car drives like a dream, like i said never had a problem :) . .

The car now has a new gear box and just needs a new gear linkage set which is on its way, The car is very sporty looking and turns alot off heads. It has an OMP Cat-back System with a custom chrome tail pipe, a set of 16" OZ racing wheels with 16" Avon ZV3 6 month old tryes, It has a full set of proformance cross drilled and groved brake discs, the car has also lowered suspension. It has LED rear light clusters. It has a roof mounted screen in the back of the car and it also has a DVD player mounted in the lower glove box.

NEW:
    Spark Plugs
    HT Leads
    Distrubitor Cap
    Rotor arm
    1 year old Clutch
    Second hand Gear Box 80,000 miles
    Drive Shaft Seals
    Back Breaks

I have had the Car valued at 1450.00 Standard, and was just wondering if any one else can tell me how much it would be if i put some pics on

Thanks

http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/gg215/8valvenut/Golf/

Last edited: Sep 20, 2008
  2. Collie Forum Junkie

Lose all the sytling mods light graphics etc,

Put all the standard parts back on

and you might get near a standard car value.

To be brutally honest its easier to sell a standard car than one that has been done like yours.

Its a bit chaved,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Admin Guest

i'd agree you'd get more interest/better money for it if it was standard and doesnt look like a halfords styling abortion.

4. sportline Forum Junkie

i watched a few mk3's on ebay last week, all similar age colour condition. most didnt get any bids. those that did sold for around 600 pounds. with all those stickers and that grill you should get around 500 for it. or spend a few hours taking it all off and you could ebay it for a coupe of hundred more. not a great time to sell anything .

5. 8valvenut Paid Member Paid Member

car is standard again apart from wheels and suspension and i gotta admit it looks 100% better now it just looks alot cleaner and simple its just flew through its MOT with no advisories i sold my audi coupe and decided to keep my trusty golf i suppose ya could say i got a little carried away with the ebay/halfords styling lol we all learn by our mistakes eh[:$]