Help! Car key stuck in drivers side door!

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by seanlazyass, Nov 2, 2006.

1. seanlazyass Forum Member

I've managed to some how get the key stuck in the drivers side door of my jetta.

I think the mechanism has seized or broken. I can't lock the car properly or unlock it, so the key is stuck in the lock. I can turn it a total of about 70 degrees, but not far enough to lock the car or unlock it and pull the key out.

I've used the spare key to climb in through the boot and I've taken the door card and seal off, but cant see any way of getting at the actual lock.

Any help or suggestions? Im worried about the security of the car because its sat outside my Grandparents house where they no longer live.

Sean

2. MK2_GUY Forum Member

[:s] Jesus! hope you sort it out soon mate!!! [8(]

3. eamon1.3 Forum Member

Mine sticks in my passenger door sometime, i just have to jiggle it about while lifting the button up and down and it comes out, some times real easy and sometimes takes a couple of minutes.
    Little spray of WD-40 and its grand for a couple of months.

Spary some oil in if you can and play about with it, hope you get it sorted ok.

4. jimjim Forum Member

i had this happen on a previous car, i ended up snapping the rear of the barrel off so it spun freely :lol:

after that i decided to delock the car and fit remote locking

5. seanlazyass Forum Member

I've tried jiggling for about 2 hours! Also tried hot water as it was really cold when it happened and copious amounts of WD40.

Anyone know how to take the lock off the door or release it from the inside with minimal damage?

I suspect a couple of pins in the lock have broken inside. [:^(]

Sean