help me, I'm new here...

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by Hossain 43, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Hossain 43 New Member

Hi,
    My name is hossein. I'm from Iran. My english is awful, sorry, but I hope you help me to improve it[:D]
    as a mather o fact, i buy a green mk2 and i want to make it. there is not any store in here that sell its parts, so i want to buy them from the outside of my cauntry, but i don't know how and where can i buy them. help me to know what i should know...
    Here is some picture of my car:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hossain 43 New Member

Is any body here?
    I'm realy need to your help[:^(]

3. turnipmuncher Forum Member

Well your English is better than any of my Iranian languages!

You could try http://www.ebay.co.uk but you would probably need a Paypal account to pay for the items. Visit http://www.paypal.com to find out if it is possible from Iran.

4. danster Forum Addict

Hello:thumbup:

I am sure looking and reading through all the various sections on the forum will be an excellent way to help learn the language. It is always easier to learn something if you enjoy and have an interest in the subject.

Asking questions will also help you with the writing side too.

Your first question should be........Where can I get some shock absorbers, to stop my car bouncing around?:lol:

Edit. Changing your sig to make my shock absorber joke look pants!

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  5. GrannyRacer Paid Member Paid Member

Guys on here sometimes have parts they sell and there is ebay but at the right price.

6. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

The obvious thing would be finding someone willing to ship stuff to you, personally I wouldn't mind but some people don't like the hassle of shipping outside the UK and stuff. Also on eBay I've come across scammers saying they're from x country so people are suspicious of that. I suppose as long as you contact them and explain the situation it should be fine but the odd person here and there might be more difficult to deal with.

Have you tried getting any parts from Egypt? Whenever I'm back home I see loads of old VWs so there must be parts of some kind.

7. Hossain 43 New Member

thanks

Thanks for your answers.;) I'm trying to get a paybal or a master card from somewhere. I'll get a bout 5000 $ in two mount.. what should i buy for my car at the first? it's an standard car now...

8. Dave

Dave *Very Smart* Pedantic Old Fart Paid Member

What is your engine number?
    That is a good start for help!

What is your given name?

Dave.

Last edited: May 6, 2010
  9. BaD-BoY

BaD-BoY New Member

His name is Hossein as stated in 1st post i believe. Well ... for the 1st , we cant see pictures of your car , we dont know mileage, we dont know how many doors, what version it is ... i can imagine that is a gti , isnt it ?

10. Hossain 43 New Member

My engine number is "ABN 3763". It's a 5 doors gti.
    it's a file o my car's picture:
    My car.zip

11. Dave

Sorry, Hossein. I missed your name in the first post, and it's only the fourth word![:s][:$][8(]

What kind of parts do you want? I assume, tuning parts for the engine and suspension? And wheels?

What kind of car are you planning to build?

I think that the biggest problem for you will be the cost of delivery to Iran. It would probably be cheapest if just one or two large shipments were made! So, you need to keep the parts for you and send them in a single shipment. Or, you need to buy a lot of parts from one seller in a single order!

Post a list of what you would like, and I am sure people on here would advise on the best to buy at the best price.

Dave.

12. Hossain 43 New Member

want some web site...

Dear Dave, i know, it's a realy big problem to deliver it to iran, but i'll order them from our company. that's ok.:thumbup:
    but please write down some web sites (that has picture with parts) that i can order those parts. i should see them, then i can say what part am i need.
    my eng is awfull, sorry[:$]

13. Dave

Your English is fine, I don't know any Farsi, and I have an Iranian friend, Khalid, in Bahrain.

Are you looking for camshafts, gas flowed head, lightened flywheels, wheels, tyres, seats, exhaust, manifolds? Are you tuning for high performance, or are you interested in body work styling?

14. Hossain 43 New Member

I think Khalid is a arabic name and he is arabian not iranian.;)
    I realy interested in tuning for high performance and a some basic parts like cristal lights, rims (BBS or sth else, i dont know, the one that good for city racing) and ...
    in fact i need some web site to know more about the parts.
    I like to build a wild car[:D]:thumbup:

15. Dave

Khalid's parents were from Iran. He was born in Bahrain, perhaps they gave him a name used a lot in Bahrain?

TSR is a good place to start for performance. People are always looking for TSR cylinder heads!

http://tsr-performance.com/pages/index.asp?SN=0

For wheels, check out this thread, it will show which are the light wheels. Then google the makers name! I like BBS and OZ. Find what you want, then post in the "Wheels" section of ClubGti and ask where to get the best price.

http://www.clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=208021&highlight=weight+wheels

Suspension is no so easy, there are so many possibilities out there. Uprated standard, or coilovers. If you want a street racer, then I guess coilovers would suit you? Some are very cheap, and some very expensive. There are always lots on ebay. You need to read through the chassis thread, on here, to see what people think.

Check out this website for lots of things street, performance and racing:

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/