Help Needed On Angel Eyes !!!

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by MITCH-MK3, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

can they be taken back? the same rules apply across all golfs, they have to be left as oem looking as possible. crystal lights etc really do not suit the mk3 (or any golf for that matter)

2. MITCH-MK3 Forum Member

no dont think they can coz i got them cheap from a mate who works at a car mod shop !!

im going to have to sell them privately then hunt for gti ones. are they hard to take apart as i bought my last ones already modded ???

3. Bobby_T_16v Forum Member

You will probably get your money back as i dont think you can get them that easily these days.

Matt im liking the red stripe round the trim, what did you use ?

4. MITCH-MK3 Forum Member

yeah i hope so mate can't stand them much longer plus they dont seem to fit like the originals !!

yeah matt the red stripe looks spot on mate !

5. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

my car is just 'ard lol

6. Jaundice

Jaundice Forum Member

Its all a matter of opinion,

Your opinion being marker pen on headlights looks great, mine being I like my lights because they spew out more light at night so I can see where I'm going better, and they don't fill up with water at the slightest hint of rain :lol:

Wouldn't you hate it if we all felt the same and everyone drove round in MK3's with coloured in head light reflectors?

7. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

marker pen headlights? ive no idea what mod you mean. not sure which mod also fills them up with water when it rains. i think its only chav angel eyez and krystalz litez that do that

and yeah, it would suck if they all looked the same hence i dont talk about them much

as for the amount of light, maybe your previous ones had a problem, but i can see fine with mine.

shoulda gone to spec savers, on both counts :lol:

8. Switch7

Switch7 Forum Member

its totally a matter of opinoin tbh.

i didnt buy mine for the angel eyes. you can say they are chav all you like but evrything on my car is function and the lights are included. i aint "chav" in the slightest and just because peeps with corsas and saxos have crystals, i dont see why i should be branded "chav".

9. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

the lights are, and unfortunately, when you see those lights on a car on the road, it instantly looks chav, because of all the other cars you see these lights on. i suppose yours is a slightly different matter with the engine work, people wont be laughing quite so hard when it fooks off in a hurry. but on practically any other mk3, wrong diddly wrong

and either way, since when have mods like these gone well on golfs? they just dont look right

10. Aphex Forum Junkie

Morrettes ftw

:lol:

11. Jaundice

Jaundice Forum Member

Well said Switch,

@ Matt, I think your headlights look like some chav has been at them with a marker pen, but that is just my opinion, you think my lights are chav lights, thats your opinion. I had 2 sets of used standard MK3 head lights and 3 out of 4 filled with water when it rained, so in the end I went for MK4 style "chav" lights and tbh I'm chuffed with them they chuck out loads more light on the same bulbs, don't fill up with water when it rains, and on the whole don't look too bad, but thats my opinion...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Bobby_T_16v Forum Member

I like the mk4 style likes and the angel, personally i just think the Hella ones look too small, but each to their own, if everyone did the same it would all be boring. Personally i prefer the standard ones as standard no modification, but as said before finding ones which dont leak is hard going !

13. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

correct. thought id get some sense from a fellow essex-er

14. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

[​IMG]

mk3 with krystalz headlightzz

15. bula_82 Forum Junkie

i hate angel eyes. hth.
    infact i almost hate them as much as i hate rs4 and a8 alloys / reps on anything other than the cars they belong on.

16. Pricie Forum Junkie

You'll love my MK1 cabby when its done then..... :lol:

I think angel eyes rock, brilliant idea by BMW.

But don't get me wrong, they've got to be good angel eyes..... I.E Inpro = no go!

Make them yourself for best results. ;)

17. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

chav lights never steam up

[​IMG]

lulz

18. bula_82 Forum Junkie

please dont, seriously, your wrong. tbh ;)

there was an pretty mint looking mk2 out last night, the only thing that let it down was those god awful angel eyes they had on it.

19. Jaundice

Jaundice Forum Member

Mine haven't yet!!!:o

As I said before 3 out of 4 standard ones did. Some of the other "chav lights may well steam up, I have no experience of them though so I don't have any constructive comments to add about them.

I do however have experience with my current lights and all is well so far[:D] .

Chavtastic and no marker pen in sight!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

20. Jaundice

Jaundice Forum Member

Nor do standard ones?!?!?![:$]

[​IMG]