help with ai606 wiring

Discussion in 'Security' started by dubstar, May 10, 2004.

1. dubstar Forum Member

does anyone know what the door circuit is on a 95 mk3 golf gti, positive or negative?? plus is the central lockin system still the vacuum operated???

trying to fit an toad ai606 and im stuck [:^(]

Help please

craig
    Edited by: dubstar

2. Kingsley Forum Member

r u acredited for cat 1?
    the door is negative switching as it goes to ground when open and the locking need to be done in a certain way there is different wire configerations for different locking systems i did have a toad technical book when i installed them but had 2 give it back but could find out if u cant download it

3. dubstar Forum Member

Nope

thanks for the info thats all i needed to know, havent got a haynes comic to hand.

4. Kingsley Forum Member

the only problem is if ur not v.s.i.b or regognised the insurers wont accept it for cover... i could blag that 4 u if need be though...

5. dubstar Forum Member

goin from whats been said on here, i can take to a v.s.i.b fitter and have them check it and issue a certificate for 30...

i started it at lunch time and i still havet finished [:x]

6. Kingsley Forum Member

they take normally bout 3hrs if taken slow but they arent easy first time u see them i remember that oh 2 well....

7. dubstar Forum Member

3hrs [:^(]

ive given up for the night, just need to sort out the central locking, its armed but i have to lock it with the keys, until its connected up, but it works fine [:D]

do you know where is the loom for the central locking located (mk3 gti 95)???

8. Kingsley Forum Member

it has closure yeh? if so its easier as u can hit one feed to shut doors and windows.

9. dubstar Forum Member

that made no sense to me at all?? yes it has total closure, but where do i connect to??? do i just use one feed from the alarm to control the total closure?

cheers

10. quattro nut New Member

A cat 1 fitted properly will take you about 6-7 hours .I'm pretty sure that the locking on the mk3 is positive but you would have to check it with a power prode or a meter .Do you know what the standards are for v.s.i.b ?

11. dubstar Forum Member

dunno what the standards are but its placed exactly where my old knacered toad alarm went, wiring is running the same way, and all joins are soldered(sp).
    only got the central locking to do, its armed now, so i know its working [:D]

not bad for a first time attempt!!!!!

its a shame the haynes comic wiring diagrams aint as good as they used to be, its all typical wiring diagram for a central locking system!! wtf help is that!!! its as if th ey couldnt be arsed with doin it [:x]

12. Studweiser Forum Member

locking the mk3 is positive pulsed to deadlock and if pulse is extended will total close. positive pulse on the unlock wire will unlock and if extended will open windows. not gonna tell you the wire colours on here 'cos someone will try do it themselves and cook the loom then blame me cos they got the wrong wires.pm me i'll tell you the colours and the locations. as for vsib , it don't mean squat, till the end of the month i'm working for the first dealer to be vsib acreditted, and only once in 10years has an insurance company insisted on a vsib installer fitting the alarm. all they want to see is a certificate to show that thatcham product has been installed to the vehicle.
    Edited by: Studweiser

13. dubstar Forum Member

got the locking sorted just need to figure out how to extended the locking pulse, didnt get any instructions on that [:x]

stud - nice car u have there [:D]

14. dubstar Forum Member

ok does anyone know how to change the programing on a toad ai606??? need to extend the locking pulse plus i want the door s to lock when i turn the ignition on!!

Cheers

Craig [:D]

15. dubstar Forum Member

16. Paradroid Forum Developer Paid Member

This is how I think you do it.

Software Switch FunctionDefaultLED OnLED Off
    1-6Lock Pulse Duration 0.6 sec0.6 sec4 sec

/ SOFTWARE SWITCH SEQUENCE
    The alarm unit is supplied with standard default settings and features. To adjust the settings and to adjust ultrasonic sensitivity, follow the procedure as illustrated below.

Complete the PIN code entry sequence and:

Turn the ignition on..Press button 1 on the remote.....The siren will chirp as confirmation..Turn the ignition Off and On..Press button 1 the Led will turn RED to show any switches starting with the digit 1Turn the ignition Off and On..Press button 1, 6 times the siren will chirp each time the button is pressed..You are now in switch 1-6..Press both buttons on the remote to toggle the switch from Off to On or On to Off

After adjustment, switch the ignition off and wait for the system to exit programme mode indicated by a double chirp of the siren or turn the ignition back On to adjust any other switches.

Edited by: gbolton

17. dubstar Forum Member

cheers will try it 2morrow