HIC

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by samfish, Apr 18, 2012.

1. samfish

samfish Forum Member

I have been with HIC for 8 years and have always found them very good, although I have never claimed.

They seem to be able to play the brokers to get the best cover and price. They have consistently been a few hundred quid cheaper than other quotes.

Thought I would give them a good shout in return for their help :thumbup:

2. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

My renual with them was high but after a phone call they aparently switched me to a new scheme which made the price just 40 more than the previous year including the 25 renual fee.

3. Tall Paul Forum Member

Same story for me, until this year. Shopped around and Footman James quoted me half the HIC renewal price.:o:clap:

4. lard44 Forum Member

I'm with HIC for my Mk2, have been for a few years.

Cheapest quote but, touch wood, no claims made yet. I've heard they can be a bit iffy when dealing with claims, and they want 25 from me for changing the address on my policy now I've moved house!?!?!?! Chaucer (my daily insurer) never took a penny.

5. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

Think it may be time to switch from HIC, they have changed my broker which seems to have put the price right up, plus i loose the ability to drive other cars. they want 20 'direct debit setup fee', 50 'admin arrangement fee' and a new 132 'policy arrangement fee' so all in all i think they can go jump [:x]

been a loyal customer for years so I'm a bit disappointed tbh

6. BURNI

BURNI Forum Member

Thats more in fees than i get charged by them for a years insurance:o

7. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

I found thier initial quote very good but it all went wrong after that.

I hit another (totally my fault) at about 5mph & they paid him 3000 for whiplash that he didn't have then doubled my premium to try to get it back.

When I fitted a 2 litre bottom end they wouldn't insure because I didnt know what car it came out of & couldn't understand that it was a generic vag 2e block that came from some guy's garage with me having no idea what car it came from

Fecking idiots imo

8. Jommanjo Forum Member

I've used HIC on and off for years, generally very good barring a couple of issues.

My oak green valver got stolen over 12 years ago, and they paid out on the insurance, no problem. I bought a cheapie 8v daily and insured that with them, but they cancelled the policy a week or so after it started, losing most of my annual premium with the excuse that I was no longer a viable risk. Being passed from employee to employee on the phone that day was one of the angriest days of my life.

More recently has been fine, insuring both the golf and the daily until the renewal for the daily went up 100 at the start of this year. They wouldn't budge so it was off to Direct Line with a new policy discount. Your loyalty means diddly squat, always shop around, every year.

Not currently insured with them but I'll probably be back with the golf when it's time.