hit and run woman runs old man over

Discussion in 'The Video Forum' started by Matt82, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

[YOUTUBE]2ex6dHzcgOE[/YOUTUBE]

2. craggsy Forum Member

wow heartless *****

3. G60Dub

G60Dub Forum Member

I really hope the judge threw the book at her!

4. Hotgolf

Hotgolf Paid Member Paid Member

Thought I was watching some light entertainment at my local curry house for a minute!

5. Admin Guest

who was recording as it wasn't the police. no info if the guy survived?

6. WillG

WillG Forum Member

I bet the guy filming got done for speeding and using a mobile whilst driving [xx(]

7. afbiker02

afbiker02 Paid Member Paid Member

It says in the video that the video footage was taken with a dash mounted camera

8. nass Forum Member

Heartless cow

9. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

The dashcam company name is on the video, and they mention the same name in the footage, so I guess it`s their company and they were out testing the setup.

It`s this exact scenario, that makes dash-cams invaluable these days.

10. WillG

WillG Forum Member

Too true, we had our insurance guy out with us the other day showing us clips taken from dash cams showing the set-up crashes for cash. He also told us loads of stories of people putting claims in when the footage shows something completely different, ie an empty minibus cuts someone up then 12 cases of whiplash are claimed.

11. Admin Guest

i tuned out after the second "innit"[xx(]

I thought they might have been Southall vigilanties, anyone who has been would understand why

12. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

I`ve got a claim on-going against me at the moment where the claimant is saying he changed lanes on the motorway (lane 4 to 5), and I charged up behind him too fast and ran into him.

What actually happened was; he was dawdling in the 5th lane at 60-65, and took exception to my flash of the headlights inviting him to move over, so badly he thought the best course of action was to brake-test to thus close the gap, then go for full anchors causing me to tap his rear bumper with more damage to my car than his... [:x]

Now without independant witnesses it`s his word against mine, and since the I was the vehicle behind the claim goes against me. And even if I had witnesses (and I did originally, but long story as to why not now), they`d still be looking at doing a 50/50 claim.

Dashcam would have shown him as 100% to blame...

13. monkeyzoo Forum Member

Stu, don 't lie down and take it. I had someone pull out in front of me on Upper Brook St then slam on. I had no witnesses but still won the claim. It took the threat of court to make them back down though. I guess the problem you have is that if the guy backs down now it will be seen as an admission of fault and he'd be potentially holding his hands up to dangerous driving.

14. vw_singh Events Team Paid Member

On my route to work that is. Also passes infront of a primary school & nursery before the lady does the last left before running the old man over.

I don't understand your Vigilanties comment Jon?

I thought it was good that someone did something for once. Too many crimes are witnessed and no one stands up to them. The Police can't watch everything. A friend of mine witnessed a van driver throw a brick through the back of a lady's car window after some road rage and drove off. My friend got the van details and reported it. Needless to say the van driver was prosecuted.

Gurds

15. WillG

WillG Forum Member

I'm off to court in September with a guy who reversed into me... [:x]