Hmmmm How Do i Approach This???

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by mike_rvf19, Jun 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike_rvf19 New Member

Rite i had a little incident last nite which involved a complete t*****r kicking in my windscreen and denting my bonnet and door on my golf gti.Anyway to cut a long story short, this bloke (Drunk) thought it would be cool to try and have it out with me outside a nightclub as i woz picking up some friends we where all in the car engine running when he started givin the mouth i woz like p*ss of u t**t and tried to drive away, he then jumped on bonnet jumped bk down opened my door and said get out i wanna hit u, i am like haha f**k u! and shut the door, he then booted my door jumped bk on bonnet and kicked in screen which smashed, shards of glass everywhere! got out chased him , got the police and ended up with him being arrested, I gave a statement and i have 4/5 witnesses that saw everything! the police said to me that theres a probable chance that he will just get let of if he had previous history, are there any other routes i can go down to get the idiot to pay for the damages (ie.claims court etc)

2. Andy947 Forum Addict

Yep, best bet would be to contact a lawyer and see what he says, you'd probably be able to take him to court, or at least scare crap outta him with an official letter, which may make him jus pay up.

3. BaldyBast Forum Member

if that doesn't work.. beat the crap out of him next time he goes out, his beating will just get put down to the "binge drinking" culture

4. jprocter Forum Member

Do you know him? If so has he any money?

If so go the police route and see what happens if that doesn't work got solicitor way if that doesn't work pay some 50 get him capped and say the other will be done if it aint sorted!!

5. mike_rvf19 New Member

Aint got a clue who he his, all i know is that hes still in the police station now in a cell [:D] , i am gonna leave it till i get my crime number then ring them up for some info on what record he has/ what are the plod gonna do etc etc, then i will take it from there.

Cheers

6. jprocter Forum Member

Any pics of the damage on the car?

7. cliveyp Forum Member

mum and dad had their door kicked in by a p***** up idiot one night. Police didn't catch him till my sister recognised him in town one saturday doing some shopping. He got arrested and had a case of criminal damage thrown at him. He ended up paying for the repairs after going through court!! :lol:

8. superflygti Forum Member

People are t**ts arent they!! - though to be honest, the first time he jumped on my bonnet i would have sorted him out!!

You'll be able to get him to pay for the damages - then once thats all sorted, get someone to give him a proper good going over!

Bet he feels like a right c*nt now in his prison cell.

9. Dietrich Forum Member

Get your money, and have the f*ck kicked out of him for good measure.

D*cks like that need to be made very aware of the fact that they're d*cks, or they'll do it again.

Tom

10. slythe_guy Forum Member

it's criminal damage, so he should have to pay for any repairs!

especially if the police now have him

give a solicitor a quick ring, see they'll know any more

11. DAVE 2227 Forum Junkie

Does your insurance not cover for that ie.vandalism/uninsured losses etc.
    I would contact them also.
    Edited by: DAVE 2227

12. JofDigital New Member

Honestly mate - as much of a w!"$r this guy is, if he has no money there's no point pursuing the matter in the civil court - it'll be a pound a week or something equally as daft.

If you pursue the criminal route (ie insist you want him charged) you may be elligible for compensation from the criminal compensation fund - ask the copper dealing.

HTH

Jof

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.