Hotgolf's 2.1 16v...

Discussion in 'Mk1' started by fthaimike, Mar 11, 2008.

1. rocco Forum Member

What's the spec of the replacement, and what do you intend to do with it. Must be pretty good to replace the Mk1 !

2. Hotgolf

Hotgolf Paid Member Paid Member

The spec of the engine in the mk2 is a Auudigolfhits John Jones/Ex Maurice Reeves 2.1 16v..................which I'll be selling!
    It has a VW motorsport head with Schrick valves, Schrick solid lifters, Schrick Springs and 300deg. Schrick cams. Bottom end is a 95.5mm diesel crank with JE pistons. I'll probably rework the crank and add some h beam rods first before it goes. It's running on 48mm Dorlleto carbs at the mo. They'll go too lol

My daily runner when the mk1 goes will be an Elise. I've been banttering on about one for ages so I think I may as well do it before I get too old!

Just bought a new grill too. I'm not liking the 3 bar with a spoiler either :)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  3. Mike_H Forum Addict

Monster engine spec! Must be good for about 230bhp if it's set up right. Not really sure why you'd want to part with that, except for money reasons.

As ever, I'd imagine it's worth more in bits than as a whole engine.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  4. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Have you still got the 911 Mart?

5. Hotgolf

NAh, turned out to be a bloody write off, right during the week when it all went pear shaped last Novemeber. It was all I needed!
    Basta rds admitted they had it from an insurance company but didn't tell me incase it scared me off!
    With all that was going on I sold it back to them for a 1k loss. If I was thinking straight at the time I would have taken them to the cleaners.

New back on ebay for the 2nd time since, and admitting it's a write off:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1989-PORSCHE-...oryZ9860QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

feel free to badger them with questions!
    Looks like the last time it was on the winner could have been himself bidding it up.

Anyway, got the new mk2 on the drive. Although it nearly went back. Did the deal for the car and everything else as he wanted it all gone with all the extra bits, then asks for the cams and lifters back as he sadi I didn't want them.
    Bit of huffing from boths side and the offer of me giving it back and he said alright and that I could keep it all................including the NOS.

6. altern8 Forum Junkie

good man i'll have to pop down to see it has the mk1 gone yet?

7. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

so whats the plan in the engine dept??

It sounds like an awesome engine already must be something really special to replace it

8. Hotgolf

Deposit taken :)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
  9. Mike_H Forum Addict

Nice one - I was very impressed at the weekend - terrified, even, but I managed to clench my butt-cheeks and avoid soiling myself ... at least till I was back over the Severn!

10. ViCk Forum Member

Feck ! This Mk1 was a stunner, all the best to the new owner !

11. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

It's going to be local to me I hear...