How much fun are Jehovahs Witnesses?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Gaz37, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

I had two of the dopey buggers at the door on Sunday, they are so entertaining.

They started telling me that if we all did as the bible told us there would be no more death or illness, I asked them if we would still be able to have kids which it seems we could.
    I asked them how we would all fit on the planet if nobody ever died & we continued reproducing, they showed me passage in the bible which indicated that the whole earth would become inhabitable & fertile (deserts etc) which would give ample room. I felt that I should point out that an infinite number of people could not fit into a finite space. This stumped them somewhat.

They then told me that people only die because thay have sinned, but seemed a bit confused when I asked them what sins all the new born babies that die have committed.

One of them then thought he was being clever by quoting from Genesis (in relation the first point about overpopulation) where God told Adam & Eve to "populate the earth until it is full"
    I pointed out that if God prevented people from reproducing he would be taking away their right to make their own decisions & was therefore contradicting his big selling point of free will so might as well force us all to live as he wishes. I also asked them that if Adam & Eve had two sons (Kane & Able) what happened after that, did they s**g their mother?

For some reason they then left. Don't you just love em?

2. ambrose89

ambrose89 Forum Member

so did you join?:lol:

3. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

I'm not allowed, I'm a Mormon;)

4. ambrose89

ambrose89 Forum Member

dont put yerself down like that:lol:

5. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

I can't spell either[:D]

6. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

If one of them said that to me (lost our baby at 38 weeks) I'd knock them out.

7. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

8. stella

stella Forum Junkie

I was talking to one (JW) recently, who told me that on a certain day, all believers would be resurrected.

My partner was a bit younger than I am. What if I live another 50 years, then we all get resurrected and he'd still be young and handsome and I'd be an old woman. My gran lived on another 36 years after her husband died young, so similar situation.

Don't think that would be a good thing, would it?

And what about widows/widowers who remarried. On resurrection day, they would be in a bit of trouble, having two spouses!

I can see flaws in their argument!

9. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

i think they are all raving bonkers!!! its so funny, that not only do they believe this ludicrous story (aka the bible) that they spend their days walking round people's houses trying to convince people, that even with all the s**t that goes on in this world, rapists/murderers/illness/poverty etc that god is looking over us....

[8-}] [8-}] ... kinda cute and innocent though isn't it??? if a little annoying lol

10. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

IIRC it will only be those "non-sinners" who died "wrongly" that would be resurrected & I think that in the "kingdom of jehovah" people won't age either.

I've made it my ambition to turn one of the daft b*****ds to aitheism (sp)

11. prof Forum Addict

[​IMG]

there is a god, exhibit A

12. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

I've just been resurrected anyway, cheers prof.

13. t'mill Forum Member

I live opposite a Jehomo church and to be honest they've never bothered us or knocked on the door in the 2yrs we've been here......until this morning.

I was in bed after a 12hr night shift and was well away. Door bell rang so i had to get dressed to answer it (i'm expecting an uprated wiring loom ;) ) and there were 2 of the feckers handing me a leaflet about some garb celebration/meeting of Jesus's life they're holding in the church opposite. WHATS WRONG WITH POSTING IT THROUGH THE LETTERBOX? [:x]

14. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

I actually enjoy argueing with them & TBH they make it quite easy.
    I know this sounds sad but when they leave their little leaflets I read them & jot down notes in the margins pointing out the flaws for when they come back.

15. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

ha ha, how many do you get? you must live in an area of a lot of 'sinners' that they are targeting heavily. we see some about every 12 months ish

16. b'locks Forum Addict

i personally think JW's are the worst of the lot.

they would sooner let a family member die rather than donate blood to them for example because it's against their stupid religion. any come to my door and they'll get a stern **** off :clap:

17. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

Gaz - sorry but it made me believe even LESS in any God (and that's less than not believing at all).

Some of it I find innocent enough, some of it I find very offensive now.

None of them bother hiking up our drive anyway.

And if they did, our dog would scare them off - small black lab but she has a big dog bark!

18. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

Sorry, my reply to your original post was badly worded, I agree with you IF there is a God he/she has a seriously sick mind taking the life of a child & anybody saying otherwise is imo a retard.

19. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

Ah, but B'locks. Your forgetting there fundamental (or should that be just "mental") belief that only sinners die.

If they're not sinners they don't need a transfusion as they will live, and if they die, they were sinners and deserved punishment.

W@nkers.

20. VWSaxon

VWSaxon Forum Member

well to be honest, i know alot of them and some of your remarks are harsh imo. at the end of the day theyre just normal people who have a belief. i dont see any of you knocking christians on here. one of the things of being a jehovahs witness is to go out preaching so everyone can hear about it. the christian church is now a farce, and they dont go out preaching... probably because they cant be arsed. ok none of you like it thats why they give you a chance. they have something that they believe in, and theyre just sharing it with you, if you dont like it so be it. we all like golfs on here some peope loathe them. hardly a comparrison(sp?) i know with it being religion. but they only doing what they are asked you know...give the guys a break

everyones gonna rip me now i know, but to be honest i really dont care, i just dont like the way they get treated when as ive said theyre just living theyre lives how they have been told to do so. some of you will be like, well i live my life how i want to, and that is YOUR choice