how much??

Discussion in 'Mk3' started by RIP-MK3, Feb 14, 2009.

1. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

browsing fleabay the other day, noticed an add for a mk3 gti gearbox. It had apparantly been reconditioned but no proof of that available. The add was also explaining what cars he was breaking etc and was slightly confusing.

I thought I would message him to find out what exactly the advert was for, and was he actually asking 350 for a mk3 gearbox?? The response I got was:

So you can pick up whole mk3 gti's now for around the 500 mark, but the gearbox alone is worth 350?? Is this guy trying it on, are do people actually pay that? [:s] [:s]

2. nealey Forum Junkie

Think he is trying it on tbh, i sold a completely sound mk3 8v box for about 70, if you ask me there is no need to spend over 150 on a used box,

3. paulyDMX Forum Member

Once sunny St Albans, now delightful Deal, Kent
    Did he put the word RARE in his auction ad anywhere? That seems to add quite a few .

4. nealey Forum Junkie

That reminds me actually of something i saw on ebay not so long ago, a guy had actually put in his auction his own views on what he classed as rare, i cant remember exactly but it was something like

Rare- Something you cant buy new anymore but is often seen for sale

Very rare- Something you cant buy new and not often seen for sale

Extremely rare- Something you cant buy new and very hard to find used

It certainly cleared things up for me anyway

5. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

^^^ ha ha what a nob. There is a gun metal grey mk3 8v with 90k in the for sale section on here for 300 ono.... why would people buy a supposed recon box for over that?? might message him back see what he says....