How to catch the bus valley style

Discussion in 'Non-car related videos' started by fthaimike, Feb 25, 2008.

1. fthaimike Forum Addict

Thanks to Velly for this find:

[YOUTUBE]xQniqEW9OE8[/YOUTUBE]

2. velly_16v_cab

velly_16v_cab Forum Junkie

nutter welsh lads..i remember doing that on the back of the milk float lol

3. jedi_stylie Forum Member

so how much did that MASSIVE risk save them? 2...? brilliant.
    Luke

4. GTI-Jay Forum Member

omg idiots

5. fthaimike Forum Addict

I got told that it was on the front cover of the Pontypridd and Llantrisant Observer

Video captures fare dare youths
    Feb 28 2008 by Jonathan Evans, Pontypridd Observer

YOUTHS were filmed clinging on to the back of a bus for more than two miles as it travelled at 40mph.

The remarkable footage was taken on a mobile phone and posted on the web for the whole world to see.

The video runs for more than two-and-a- half-minutes and shows two boys travelling from Church Village past the University of Glamorgan and towards Pontypridd town centre.

During the YouTube footage the Veolia 100 service bus, which runs from Talbot Green to Pontypridd, can be seen weaving in and out of busy roads as cars pass in the opposite direction.

Eye-witness Mark Meredith said: “I’ve seen kids riding on the back of Sainsbury lorries as well as service buses.

“I chased them and shouted at them when I saw them. There were a lot of cars coming the other way and if one of the kids tumbles off the back they would almost certainly be hit.

“They seem to be putting their feet on the back bumper and their hands on the top compartment of the engine. It’s such a dangerous thing to do.”

The video has been posted by someone who was travelling in the car behind the bus, which is just yards from the youths.

One of the boys is wearing a black hoodie and the other a blue jumper.

A message on the website from one viewer reads: “Oh my god. What if you fell off eh? The person behind wouldn’t stand a chance. You would be dead. Unbelievable.”

Another message claims to be from someone who knows the youngsters and calls them “nutters”.

The video has received over 2,700 hits since it was posted on February 18.

Neighbourhood Policing Inspector Steve Jones said: ‘‘We are already aware of this disturbing incident and are investigating it.

“The identity of some of the culprits is already known to us and we will take action.

“It is dangerous and completely irresponsible behaviour. These youngsters are risking their own lives and are also endangering others.”

Charles Lewis, managing director for Veolia Transport Cymru, said: “This hazardous behaviour is extremely alarming and we would urge parents to warn their children about the dangers of taking such risks.

“As far as the video is concerned we are seeking legal advice to determine our options to have the footage removed.”

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/ne...-fare-dare-youths-91466-20527219/