Hydraulic Handbrake

Discussion in 'Track Prep & Tech' started by gofasterpinch, Jun 24, 2006.

1. got me a WRC style hydraulic handbrake.

right so, a bit of trial fitting:

[​IMG]

thats it mounted on an extra plate that will mount to the tunnel. the cars in 1st gear here.

[​IMG]

that it with the car in 5th, it looks a bit close but theres still a good 2" between them. i only ever handbrake in 1st, very rarel 2nd so its not important to be able to grab the handbrake with the car in top.

this is the other osition i was thinking of

[​IMG]

car is in 1st gear in the pic. no issues with clearence witht he gear stick but its very close to the passenger seat, so could be an issue with a navigator and all his maps etc involved.

[​IMG]

car in reverse, no problems although the cylinder is very tight upto the standard handbrake will need to check that with the handbrake off it doesnt catch.

any opinions of where i should mount it are appreciated.....

2. hc-animal Forum Member

having the some dillema with my autotest mk1 gti. mine is more of a problem as it is a left hooker and i really want to use my left hand for the handbrake so i can hurl the car round with the nob on the steering wheel in me right. nice looking hyd hand, were did you get it as i was gonna make up me own?

3. well, in demon thieves catalogue that is 150+VAT but i got mine for 69+VAT from www.compbrake.co.uk and its exactly the same item. i got a brake bias valve off them at the same time for 25 on offer.