I got a full AUM set-up for a steal. How can I convert my Built AGU to ME7.5?

Discussion in 'Mk4' started by mrshona, Aug 6, 2019.

1. mrshona New Member

Last year I began a 1.8T conversion on my MK2 Golf with an AGU set-up. By this stage, the loom has been converted, the engine is rebuilt and now fully forged, but the thing holding me back now is the older Narrowband Bosch ME3.8 ECU. My intentions have always been to run a tablet guage cluster running the Torque app via a Bluetooth OBD2 Reader, I spent weeks making a full custom aluminium dashboard to accommodate the Tablet gauge cluster, tablet center console, gauges ect. But as I've just recently found out that running the Torque App from OBD2 on a ME3.8 doesn't actually work, and it needs to be ME7.5, which I know is a conversion that can and has been done. Enter the later AUM set-up that i've been offered. It comes with a fairly low mileage fully dressed AUM engine, Gearbox, K03s Turbo, Wideband ME7.5 ECU, DBW Setup, (pedal & throttle body) Engine Loom, all for a bargain £280. As I mentioned, my AGU is fully built, so the AUM engine doesn't interest me, but I do have essentially everything else that I need to carry out the wideband conversion. Not only will I be able to run my tablet cluster, I'll be able to have a wideband AFR gauge, I'll get a K03s upgrade, life should be a bit easier for the tuner, AND I can have launch control mapped into the car also. Many upsides to it.
    All I want to know is, if there's anything else I should be weary of that I'll need to take care of, will the loom be plug and play with my already converted loom or will I need to go get my loom modified once again? I've already asked the guy who converted the loom, but I didn't get a reply. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Stewy

Stewy Paid Member Paid Member

U will need the ME7 wide band looms (BOTH) from the AUM due to the pre cat 02 sensor the VVT the MAP sensor