I need Help to wire my 03 vss conversion

Discussion in 'Mk4' started by Cam, Aug 30, 2018.

1. CAM

Cam New Member

change my automatic transmission to a stick from a 99 TDI Diesel my car is a 1.8 gas looking to get some help on the wiring diagram back up light , clutch switch ,vss and Cruise control

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

What code ECU is it? Not that it matters too much as its mostly all the same. Have a look in my signature link g4arlaszecu.pdf that covers most of it, the only potential difference is which ecu pins for the clutch switch & cruise.

For VSS you'll have to find the green wire in the T10h blue plug pin 10 for the gearbox ecu, and run that to your gearbox speed sensor (page 12 in the pdf) plus find an ignition and earth for it. Check pin 2 on the t14a plug which is near the battery, the wire may be there for the ignition live? For the earth this is just spliced to the brown wire to T14a pin 7 so dead easy.

for reverse switch look at g4basicequipment.pdf, page 9. pretty simple, 2 wires on T10 orange plug 3 and 10 to the reverse switch. pin 10 is power back to reverse lights, pin 3 is ignition live from fuse 7.

3. CAM

Cam New Member

For the vss that blue plug on the back of the instrument cluster???

4. rubjonny

yes I mean the speedometer sender for the cluster. On automatic models it is fed from the gearbox ECU, so you need to find that wire and run it to the speed sender on the gearbox

5. CAM

Cam New Member

Thanks for your help everything that you tell me to do work so far except for the VSS I can't find the right signal wire I tried the green one I tried to green and black I tried the blue and white I change the wire and I bought a new transmission vehicle speed sensor

6. rubjonny

did you wire to the T10h blue plug inside the car, on the car side? because that where you need to tap into. the T14 plug in the engine bay has no wire from it to the cluster thats the problem.

the other 2 pins should show 12v ignition on

7. CAM

Cam New Member

I'm getting power and ground from T 14 in the engine bay and I run my Signal wire to the blue pin on the left side on instrument panel pin number 10 that's the green one

8. CAM

Cam New Member

I am not getting no Signal from the speedometer

9. CAM

Cam New Member

Hey man I want to thank you again for your help I find a problem it's in number 28 on the blue side thanks again for everything man

10. rubjonny

Yep that would do it! Great to hear its all sorted :thumbup:

The Green plug pin 10 is 'fuel reserve warning' in some countries apparently