I want a 1.8T for my MK1

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by coop, Apr 26, 2006.

1. coop New Member

These couple of weeks i have been thinkg of putting a 200cc 16v or a g60 in my sweet mk1.
    But after seeing people wiv 1.8t i know thats what i want. As this is my first vw i only know how to keep it going etc not engine conv, so i am asking for any information anyone one has. I kinda need to know everything as it me and my mate doing it. Thanks

2. funkbaron Forum Junkie

You know nothing, and you and your mate are going to attempt a 1.8T engine transplant......all i can say is good luck!

3. coop New Member

Sorry i should have said my mate is a mechanic at audi garage, who has built his own kit car etc all i am asking is for a bit of help as i dont want to f**k up my car.

4. Admin Guest

there are plenty of thread on this,

a search on it should bring you up with the info.

5. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

Don't bother I say, not because its a hard conversion but because they in my opinion are just not as good as a well tuned n/a engine! Or find someone who has it all for sale ready for you to drop it in;)

Some pics for you to have a look at....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seriously tho, it's not really a problem...i'd say being keen with a wiring diagram and a soldering iron is the bit to be good at but if your going on a after market ems then your laughing. Make sure you focus strongly on how and where you position your intercooler and radiator + fan(s) because it quickly gets tight in that little engine bay!

[​IMG]

6. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

I've got a mk1 with a 1.9 16v conversion and that's quick enough.

so i think a tuned 2.0 will be plenty quick enough.

7. coop New Member

Well guys thanks alot for all your help and thanks vento mike for the pic's etc (how do u post them on his page i always have to make links) after sitting round for hours trying to find out information and price and have come to relise, that the 20v conv is just cost far to much for me at the mo. So looks like i am back to 2000cc 16v or g60.