Ibiza 6k track car.....potential change.

Discussion in 'Audi/SEAT/Skoda Chat' started by Matttrack6k, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Matttrack6k New Member

Hi all,
    New to this site and pretty much all things GTI, I started stripping down an Ibiza GTI 6K 8v that I bought purely as a track hack, and was planning on keeping it pretty much standard.....however, a guy I know has pretty much totalled his 1999 TT, I’m pretty sure it’s the APX engine and not a BAM unit, other than the obvious engine, box, clutch etc what other donor parts would I need off the TT.....ECU? Loom? Driveshafts? Mounts? Etc etc
    Thanks in advance.
    Matt.

2. Jon Olds Forum Junkie

I would buy the whole car, if I was you. Sell a few bits on to recoup...
    Jon

3. Matttrack6k New Member

I may well do Jon, I just wondered what I needed off of it before selling the bits I don’t need.

4. David Courtney New Member

If its already 'running' just buy the wreck, you'll need loom, throttle pedal plus mounting (however he has done it) stubby master cylinder, engine mounts, if he is running a 5 speed box then you'll have all the mounts you need already, make sure if your buying just the engine you got the turbo oil return pipes as itll need re-routing around the rear engine mount. If he is running the 6 speed all the engine mounts and to understand how its mounted to the shell, plus drive shafts etc

5. Matttrack6k New Member

Thanks David,
    It is running fine, I never thought of the 6 speed box having different mounts to the 5 speed, something else to think about, getting complicated now, I may revert back to keeping it standard.
    Thanks

6. David Courtney New Member

If it’s 5 speed it’s easy, if it’s 6 speed I’ll buy it if it’s reasonable priced.

7. Matttrack6k New Member

Turns out it’s 6 speed, now been offered an AUQ engine plus turbo, ECU and loom etc etc......jeez it’s getting confusing ‍

8. David Courtney New Member

Well if your not going for it and he's selling I'd be keen to get in contact with him.