ibiza for new car?

Discussion in 'Audi/SEAT/Skoda Chat' started by Liam, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Liam Forum Member

At the moment i have a mk2 golf gti and want something a bit more modern (interior wise) similar performance, possily lower insurance and power steering.

I have been looking at mk2 seat ibiza's, 2litre 8v with the later models supposedly putting out 125bhp as standard. Nice looking when black and lowered on some nice wheels. and they are also nice and modern inside etc.

what do you lot reckon?

cheers.

2. g@un Forum Member

They're cracking motors! Really neat cars, i'd fancy one if I wasn't at uni. I'm sure the 8v's are only group 10 insurance as well! :)

3. hairnet600 Forum Member

old shape toledo

all mod cons pas e windows abs 16v etc etc

same size as mk 2

4. edc1 Forum Member

You'll get mk3 Golf engines with Polo4 dash in a car around about the weight of a mk2 GTI. The 2L 8v is no different to that in a Golf. I bought one over a mk3 Golf. Golf2 front suspension, Polo4 rear beam, G60 brakes (if you get the 2L 16v). Problems you will find are places like GSF not often listing Ibiza parts, but it's no problem once you realise they're the same as mk2 Golf mk3 Golf or Polo4.
    Edited by: edc1