Ignition on 2.0l 9a

Discussion in 'Carburettor' started by 3hirty8ight, Jul 3, 2007.

1. justadub Forum Member

its wired up to the coil,icu,and hall sender ,you cant change the curve on this one

but they do sell one you can change manully from inside the car via a nob (sort of

like a bass gain for a amp)its really simple to install. there is really no power gain in my

oppion but some say that its gives you power . i use it to make my dizzy advance and retard. it advances to 3000rpm then it starts to retard in 2 degree

increetments( good for the go go juice) i hope this is some help . let me know.p.s. if you are usein an dizzy with vacum advance you have to upgrade to electronic which in turn will give you some more power (maybe)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

They do as so 1.8Ts and AGGs. This is mounted to the crankshaft and is inside the engine. Relevant blocks have the provision for a pick-up.

3. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

I'm using magneti marreli 8p ecu from a citroen xantia, also used on other models as well as on pug cars

i'm running vauxhall 1.4 MPI corsa 60-2 trigger wheel and standard vauxh crank sensor on home made aly bracket

triger wheel is bolted through the existing pas pully into crank pully

I'v drilled 4 holes to match and am using aly spacer made by local engineering shop to clear the fan belt and also to centre the vauxh wheel at the same time

Also using TPS and Air temp sensor

Loom is standard with wires i didnt need choped off'it cost me 45

Ecu is fully mappable fuelling and ignition and at 40 at scrappy i think is a bargain!

Wayne schofield at chipwizards in rochdale is a master for this job