"I'm only here because the job centre sent me"

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by 2.0 MK2, Feb 19, 2011.

1. DOOBY

DOOBY Banned

Bullwell!!!!

There's a lot of sh*t heads in one place.

2. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

What gets me is his attitude that even if he was working taxpayers would see a difference from his 65 a week not being claimed...what about if all the other scum got a job, you f*cking retard? We`d see a difference then from the hundreds of thousands of 65s not being claimed (We wouldn`t in truth of course, because the Government doesn`t work that way and will tax us up the a*se all the same, but the theory stands... :lol:)

And he definately doesn`t just live/support his family off 65 a week...with all the other benefits he`s pulling in it`ll be more like 800-900 a month he`s getting. No cake factory job is ever going to pay that, so it`s little wonder he and his ilk have no inclination to get a job.

And you can bet his other gripe will immigrants coming into our country. Yeah? That`s because they (mostly) are willing to do the menial jobs for sh*t pay you`re too proud to take, so employers have little choice.

`Only here because the Jobcentre sent me` reminds me of this classic*

[YOUTUBE]apCtRg6mOVk[/YOUTUBE]

*Contact myself or Danster for translation issues... :lol:

3. DOOBY

DOOBY Banned

Seriously... WTF was he saying :lol:

I can understand a little Scottish but if they talk slowly :)

4. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Only because I`m bored and trying to stay awake after my last night shift... ;)

Renton (Ewan McGregor) - Good luck Spud

Spud (Ewan Bremner) - Cheers Catboy.

Renton - Now remember if they think you`re no trying you`re in trouble right? First hint of that and they`ll be straight onto the DSS; `This c*nt is no trying` and the giro`s f*cking finished, right? Then again, try too hard...

Spud - And you might get the f*cking job...

Renton - Exactly...

Spud - Nightmare!

Renton - It`s a tightrope, Spud. It`s a f*cking tightrope.

Spud - I just get pure shy with the interviewer cats. I get all nervous and I can`t answer any of the questions. Like I`m a footballer and I get nerves on a big occasion man.

Renton - Try some of this, Spud.

Spud - A wee dab of speed is just the ticket man.

Spud - No. I went to Craigy. Craig Newton. I only put doon Royal Edinburgh College to get the job. There`s too much discrimination in this toon, man. Cos they`re both schools, right? And we`re all in this together, and I wanted to put across the general idea rather than the details. People get all hung up on details, like `What school did I go to?` `How many O-grades [GSCEs down your way] did I get?` Could be, like 6. Could be none. It`s not important. What is important, is that I am, yes?

Older interviewer - Mr. Murphy? Do you mean that you lied on your application?

Spud - Naw...well yes...only to get my foot in the door...showing initiative and that, like...

OI - But you were referred here by the Department of Employment. There was no need for you to `get your foot in the door` as you put it.

Spud - Yeah. Cool. Whatever you say, man, sorry. You are the man, the dude in the chair. I am merely here...well obviously I am here, like, but...

Younger interviewer - Mr. Murphy? What exactly attracts you to the leisure industry?

Spud - In a word; Pleasure. Like, my pleasure in other peoples` leisure.

Female interviewer - Do you see yourself as having any weaknesses?

Spud - Oh, yes! Cos, like, I`m a bit of a perfectionist actually. Yes. I am. See, for me it`s got to be the best or nothing at all. Like, if things get a bit dodgy, I can not be bothered, but I`m getting good vibes about this interview thing the day though man. Seems to me it`s goin` pretty well, eh?

OI - Thank you Mr. Murphy...We`ll let you know...

Spud - The pleasure was mine, man!

Renton (VO) - Spud had done well. I was proud of him. He f*cked up good and proper. You had to hand it to Spud...

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  5. danster Forum Addict

Nice one McStu. :clap:

Reminded me of Jonk's interview a while back. ;)

6. prof Forum Addict

Here's what i would do

firtsly hundreds of benefit scroungers are instructed/ helped to renovate any old warehouse/mill etc

secondly they assemble hundreds of exercise bikes

Next: to get benefit you must generate so many watts of power every week. once you have made enough on your exercise bike you get to go home

while they pedal they are read great works of literature, chant times tables and learn basic maths/grammar etc

anyone in possession of a massive telly/x box or any time wasting equipmnt will have it removed until they have a job, or completed a sufficient amount of public works. Parents will be allowed to take it in turns so that they can look after the kids on weekdays

Vote Prof

anyone on disability benefit due to obesity will be "helped" biggest loser style until they reach a healthy physical condition and can return to work

7. 2.0 MK2 Forum Member

love it. and thanks to the BBC we already have the technology

8. Admin Guest

Vote Prof from me:)

9. G-Man Forum Junkie

+1 :thumbup:

On the other hand I'd like to see them renovate the old warehouses up and then turn them into 'benefit shelters' for those who actively refuse work and have not paid enough taxes to justify them having a council house/rent paid for.

10. rocco2litre

rocco2litre Forum Junkie

2 weeks of sitting watching tv, and taking job centre crap was enough
    now working nights in London mon - thurs...cant believe they had trouble recruiting "english" staff...good money but a bit of effort..
    How can someone that has never paid tax or worked be entitled to more than another person who has worked 25 years?

11. Funky Diver Forum Member

They can't, and this is probably the whole reason for the sentiments being expressed in this thread.

The fundamental principles of the welfare state have gradually been undermined through successive years by a political system too scared of upsetting the status quo to actually stand up and represent the REAL feeling of the populous.

Equally, WE are also to blame for having put up with it for years. I can honestly say that I have never written to my MP expressing my opinion. How many of you can say truthfully that you have?

That's about to change, I started on drafting a letter to my MP and the Secretary for DWP

His contact details are...

Rt Hon Iain Duncan-Smith
    House of Commons
    London
    SW1A 0AA

alambridesl@parliament.uk

Just in case anyone wants to follow suit :thumbup:

You could always forget to put a stamp on it, and in the letter make reference to the fact you didn't put a stamp on it as you'd already paid yours (stamp that is!!)

12. danster Forum Addict

Hmm, not sure I will be asking the MPs that have systematically taken far more personally than 65 a week for not doing a very good job of running the country.

Still reckon a cull is in order, far more job satisfaction in that tbh. (sitting polishing rifle) :o

I tried to get a counsellor to help with getting the village off a known environmentally below standard water supply to the mains supply. He was a complete waste of time, utterly useless. [:x]
    I have since accomplished the job myself. It took 3 years to get through all the bureaucratic BS these folk that were meant to help caused in their jobs worth style. 5 different council departments that were all trying to make it awkward by following their guidelines that contradicted other department's regulations.

In my view these people in power are doing no better than the ones that don't work.
    Both are detracting from a decent society.

13. Funky Diver Forum Member

Quite agree there Danny. A cull it is then. I shall work my way North, you work your way South and I'll meet you in North Berwick for a pint... then we can head West and should be home in time for tiffin... ;)

14. danster Forum Addict

Sounds good. :thumbup: But I am not sure I have enough ammo to get my way through old reekie.
    Mind you, I suppose geordie land will take up a fair amount of your stocks too. Is that Raol Moet character got any spares slugs lying around? :o

15. Funky Diver Forum Member

By all accounts he's feeding slugs currently... [:D]

16. prof Forum Addict

The Dave's got some serious armament these days, I'll arrange a weapons drop

17. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

How thick are these morons?

When I didn't have a job and go 50 quid a week off the dole office I was miserable, my engagement broke down and I was depressed.

Now I work slightly unsociable hours (which suits my sleeping habits quite well actually) and do odd jobs for an agency some weekends and early about ten times what I made when I wasn't working if I really work my ar*e off and I'm happy. Even have a happier relationship, with an abusive partner (bloody Golf...)

18. prof Forum Addict

aye i was unemployed for 1 week due to a company going bust, **** myself

signed up with a temp agency and just did any work they had, couldn't sit about at home as too panicked about cash to do that.

every night i was applying for anything i could find. took me 6 weeks to get another proper job, but I managed to just cover the bills in the mean time

19. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

There is another problem that most of you have missed.

The people you are talking about are not just "unemployed" they are actually "unemployable" this a difficult concept to explain to those of you who don't come into contact with these individuals. Not only have they never worked but nobody they know has never worked, they genuinely don't understand any kind of work ethic so there is little point in forcing them into a job because they will simply be sacked after a few days but probably only after costing their former employer quite a few quid in lost business and/or stolen/damaged stock/equipment.

So if these people cannot be employed & we are (quite rightly) no longer prepared to support them what can we actually do with them?

Being realistic we can't shoot them, ok so we can take their benefits away but what will happen then? A society like ours simply won't allow people to starve to death on the streets, especially kids, so will back down & pay them benefits.

I'm afraid that this culture is now too ingrained for anything to done about it (at least until compulsory steralisation is legal) so we're just going to have to live with it.

20. danster Forum Addict

I agree Gaz. But the state needs to harden up it's act a little and make it less of a lifestyle option.

Bin child support completely and give tax breaks to the working parents.
    Obviously some kind of help should be given to previously employed folk that have legitimately been made redundant or have developed real health issues.

But just handing out cash to folks that lie in bed all day shagging is not really a great way for a decent society to develop. IMO. :lol:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011