indicator problems

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Coatesy_mk2, Jul 27, 2023.

1. Coatesy_mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

hello everyone,

when i got my mk2 last week the only indicator that worked was the passenger rear at a million flashes a second. turns out the front indicators in the bumper were plugged in via the inner front lamp plugs (sigh) now the indicators are plugged in via the correct plugs.

i have indicators working front and back on the passenger side but nothing on the drivers side (hazards or indicators)

i have multimetered all the wires to check for continuity all seem fine so no breaks in the wires hopefully. i have also changed the hazard/indicator stalk (ce2 with hazards on top of steering) also changed the fuse box as there was water damage in the old one.

now i'm sick of looking at it :lol: thank you in advance :thumbup:

2. Coatesy_mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

i forgot to add the side repeaters do not work either even after i plugged them in :lol:

Edit: fixed it :clap: unplugged everything and plugged it back in :thumbup:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2023
  3. Cressa Paid Member Paid Member

well done

Coatesy_mk2 likes this.
  4. Coatesy_mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

haha thank you, wouldn't of thought iv been a mechanic half my life :lol: sometime you just cant see whats obvious in front of you after look at it for so long.