injector o-rings

Discussion in 'K-Jetronic OEM injection' started by milesmk2, Sep 9, 2011.

1. milesmk2 Forum Member

Right so the story goes as such:

Last weekend i finished putting a KR into my mk2, and ever since ive thought ive had a vaccuum leak but could never find it. Untill today.

I can hear the whistle of air being sucked past what sounds like the injectors. So after work i took the injectors and inlet manifold off the car, removed an injector seat from the manifold and tried pushing/pulling the injector in/out of the seat, and its not really that difficult.

My question is, would knackered injector o-rings cause a vaccuum leak? My brother who's a mechanical/electrical engineer is saying that if he were using an o-ring in the state mine are in, it would be in the bin.

2. 3hirty8ight Forum Member

Replace them for what it will cost you it will remove them from the equation of being a cause of the vacume leak..

3. milesmk2 Forum Member

On my way to get some now. I think the lower inlet mani gasket wasn't lined up too well either, damn repro rubbish.

4. milesmk2 Forum Member

Right so i have ordered new rings from VW but i wont have them till teuseday night when i get home from work, so wont be able to fit them till wednesday :(

Anyone know of a way i can plug the gap that's causing the leak till i get the new o-rings? I REALLY need the car see!

5. 3hirty8ight Forum Member

GSF normally have them on the shelf.. ?

6. milesmk2 Forum Member

Guess what. Yes, thats right. I had some all along.

[​IMG]

7. mans

mans New Member

i got mine from vw dealer

8. milesmk2 Forum Member

Turns out they come in the headgasket set so I've got loads. Just didn't think they were the ones.