insurance for powerful cars......

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by Wez, Dec 27, 2006.

1. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

currently with ecarinsurance, they wont let me change the car to an S3 though.

will have to keep looking round, i thought 500 was about right, 22, 5yrs ncb, limited mileage, garaged, decent postcode (apparently)

sounds like direct lines quoting service has a mind of it's own, maybe i'll catch it on a good day again ;)

2. aahbarnes1 New Member

But it would be less if it was standard, so in fact it's not cheaper at all...

3. dubst16v Forum Member

im 22 and paying 450 for mk2 2.0 16v running 180bhp
    thanks adrian flux :)

4. Grunty87 Forum Member

I think bell are pretty decent. I pay 1200 on my mk3 gti and i have 2 write offs against my name and i'm only 19. I've got a mate who is 21 with three years no claims and he insures his civic type-r with bell for 1000

5. clart Forum Member

i got quoted under 1400 tpft on a standard mk2 16v with ecarinsurance.co.uk and im only 17

6. Aphex Forum Junkie

450!! I only hope it goes down by that much for me. I'm 20 and am driving my 9a lumped mk2 around (160-170bhp) and I'm with Adrian Flux, 1400 fully comp but limited to 5,000 miles. I do less than that anyway lol. Pretty good I thought. Good luck with the quotes :p

7. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

im 21 4yrs ncb and iv had quotes off directline online for silly cars out of interest and iv found them to be very cheap sometimes! think it is some thing in there sytem example is golf R32 700 full comp protected ncb! tempting me but ill stick with what i got!

Also how the hell are all you other guys affording such nice cars?!?!

8. G-Man Forum Junkie

I just don't understand insurance companies! I already pay a large amount for my insurance :(

9. Export001 Forum Member

you all seem to be getting good prices for your motors, i wish i could get prices like that :lol: im 17 an best quote iv got on my own is 4k!![:^(] im trying to get on my dads insurance! havent had aquote yet but im hoping that it will b far less than 4k!

10. Paul_TDi Forum Member

Norwich union have been good for me.

i insured my 115bhp GT TDi golf when i was 19 for 2.2k fully comp. Excess was 670 on that as they slap a young drivers excess ontop of standard one.

I'ved just turned 20 which would of brought it down for the next renewal but I also had my first crash 5 days before my 20th so thats gonna hurt!

11. Export001 Forum Member

thanks for that m8 will look at them to, lovly car you have got, i reli want to get some smoked angel eyes an there so many diffrences where did you get yours from? shame to hear about the carsh hope its not 2 damaged

12. Paul_TDi Forum Member

Wellll after posting that i did a quote with them and declaring the crash my insurance has gone down by 500 quid, so will be under the 2k mark when i renew it [:D]

Thanks! Thats my old MK3 though which is my mums car and back to standard now. the black angel eye headlights came from a german company on ebay cost about 150 bran spankers. be sure to get smoked fogs too ;)

was my MK4 i crashed which i smashed the front end of, check out my topic in "Ooops"!

13. K'Reg Forum Member

Unbelievable wads of cash being spent on insurance.....
    This is the reason why 1 in 18 drivers do not have any insurance at all.

Thank god I'm older, 227 fully comp for my 16v.....(just renewed with Swiftcover.co.uk)

14. Export001 Forum Member

its gone down 500! you must be happy! lol
    its back to standard! [:s] why? ooo cool ebay sounds the place to be:lol: ye im thinking of a small list for things that i want for her[:D] awwwww i did c it i think is it black? looks nasty

15. Golf Nut Pete

Golf Nut Pete Forum Member

some of you are gettin decent quotes on here i am very jealous. [:^(]
    im payin around 1300 tpft with tesco for my mk2 16v and im 24. still think its very good considering i live in one of the worst areas of machester (wythenshawe, err :thumbd: ) with no ncb cos i ad a claim last year.
    I spent most of my previous years driving on my dads insurance, good at the time as it was cheap but i wasnt gettin any no claims bonus so wasnt doin myself any favours.
    And lost my dad his ncb so fealt quite tight for that.
    Im 25 soon so i can get classic car insurance come renewal time, got mega cheap quote for that so cant wait.

16. Export001 Forum Member

sounds a lil expensive 4 a 24 yr old[:s]
    im worried about loasing my dads ncb on his insurance, but my m8s on direct line an hes building up his own ncb on his dads insurance so im headin for that option ;)

17. Jonny777 Forum Member

Direct Line will tell you where to go im afraid, on your car anyway.

Try ecarinsurance, still gets my vote for cheapness.

18. prof Forum Addict

In what way is 2.2k insurance good? you all must be mad, just drive 1/0L polo breadvans until you can afford a fast car [:s]

19. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

my god, asif you pay so much for insurance?! in particular mat-mk3, paul mk3 and david number 2?! my mate (21) is only looking at paying 2000 for a TVR V8 (old one, forget the name) when he's finished his 2 year driving ban for drink driving, into a house! you're getting raped!

ive been driving a 16v since i was 18 and ive never paid over 1200 for insurance!

it's only 400 now so it must be time for a faster car [:D]

Jolfa's recommended insurers:

liverpool victoria (better for the new driver)
    elephant (if you put as many experienced, pref female drivers on the policy as you can)
    adrian flux (wanted 500 at renewal but they beat the quote i got off confused [8D])
    and confused.com is actually worth a try

20. Export001 Forum Member

oooo right oki i will give them a go lol after all, all u people av done all ur insurance quotes an done alot of the shopping around thanks for the help [:D]