insurance - parked on drive

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by G-Man, Jun 9, 2007.

1. G-Man Forum Junkie

Just been speaking to HIC about an insurance quote and they told me if you state its parked on the drive for insurance purposes, but put it on the street for one night, and I mean one night only and it got robbed you're not covered at all and will be given the finger [:s]

2. Kozy Forum Member

What a crock of ****, I don;t think that's fair if you actually have a drive and they can come round and see that. If you say it's parked on the drive and you don;t even have one, then fair enough.

TBH they will find the smallest clause to get out of paying up, they're ****ers.

3. Admin Guest

that is such a crap get out clause,

4. Kozy Forum Member

Hang on a cotton pickin minute there...

If the car was stolen... just tell them it was IN the drive? How the hell are they gonna know where it was actually parked if it's no longer there?!

5. loadsavalves

loadsavalves Forum Member

BUT what happens if you go and stay with a friend over night ????.............. does it mean you have to return home and park your car on the drive before midnight ??? [:s]

6. Admin Guest

doesn't even begin to make sense, that really is a mine field of rubbish.

7. Matt G Forum Member

Thats bloody ridiculous, just another example of the motorist gettin shafted for the benefit of other's, i.e. car tax goes up, roads aren't any better - freekin shockin where i live, then ya pay ya insurence for what seems like no reason anymore.

8. G-Man Forum Junkie

They said friends or family is fine, just at the address of residence it cannot be on the street :lol:

9. aimee

aimee Forum Member

that doesnt really make any sense whatso ever!! Stupid insurance companies!

10. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

Say it was parked on the street next door?:lol:

11. Golfgirl Forum Member

Say you were visiting your next door neighbour and they haven't got a drive:lol:

12. G-Man Forum Junkie

:lol:

I'm going to check this clause before i take out any new policies as sometimes we have to shuffle the cars around on the drive which one/two of the cars have to be on the street at night.

13. gtijames Forum Member

thats crazy, they ask me where is your car normaly parked. not always parked??

14. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Exactly as James said - they ask where your car is normally parked and that's all. The fact that it was parked on the road the day I stole it makes no difference.
    It's the usual insurance get-out job, they will do everything to avoid paying. Check your policy carefully, every last word of it!

15. Golfgirl Forum Member

When they ask me where my car is normally parked I explain that I work nights 50% of the time so it's on the drive half the time and at work half the time. They're not interested though and only want to know where it is when it's at home!

16. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

Exactly again, I'm insured through E-Sure, they asked where it is normally parked I said the drive, but sometimes I'm a lazy git, and park it on the road outside my house, they said that was fine, as long as it's normally parked on the drive, because you will always have circumstances where you can't park it on the drive.

17. G-Man Forum Junkie

My current insurance company told me that as long as the car spends more time parked on the drive than the street, thats ok to state 'drive' as where its kept overnight.

18. inoakgreen Forum Member

i think this is just a case of where you have to be 'as smart' as your ins. co. and say whatever you have to say, to ensure your claim is valid!!

19. Kozy Forum Member

How the **** are they going to check whether your car is parked on the drive more than it is in the street? CCTV on every driveway?

They're talking ****...

20. The db

The db Forum Junkie

Where is your car normally parked

What is your estimated milage