insurance why oh why

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by Admin, Nov 22, 2005.

1. superden Forum Addict

Luck of the draw as to who you speak to I think, the guy at HIC who arranged mine last time was pretty switched on. He understood the mods straight away and ended up having a chat about Golfs. I did have the `quote` issue with another insurer though, quite a well known one too. I told them my quote was substantially less than theirs (by around 200) and she accused me of lying to get a better deal.

I didnt even reply, I just hung up.
    Edited by: superden

2. AndrewF Forum Addict

i just couldn't get a competetive enough quote from HIC, but i really liked their style on the phone and the guy certainly knew his stuff. if it had only been a 50 difference i'd have paid extra to go with them actually...as it is i'm with admiral.

3. Admin Guest

urgh admiral.

everytime i had to speak to them about something it was like speaking to a robot, got very automated responses to my questions and answers, UK call centre????

they would also end the conversation with "is there anything else i can help you with?"

well er no, you have solved my problem that i rang up about.....thats your job done. [:s]

4. AndrewF Forum Addict

to be fair i've had no probs whatsoever with them....even saved money by originally taking out a 5000miles only policy, then upgrading to 8k (extra 28, where as if it'd been a 8k to start with it would have been about 100 more!) [:D]

5. superden Forum Addict

Admiral were the company I referred to earlier, who accused me of lying about an alternative quote.

:lol:

6. Admin Guest

whats 75% in real terms in years NCB???

its all i can find on my last policy and it means nothing to me....

admiral :thumbd: cheap at the time, thank fck i didn't have to use them in a claim.

7. prof Forum Addict

this year i changed from elephant to admiral [who are allegedly the same company] Elephant wanted 150 more than Admiral

So i rang up and said can you meet Admiral's quote....no way they say. What a bunch of nutters how can the same cover from essentially the same place be so different

8. sportline Forum Junkie

hic are the best, always happy to help it seems, havnt always been good in years gone by but very good now.

even accidently gave me an extra NCB once [:D] :clap:

9. prof Forum Addict

HIC for the fiat.....900admiral 400 with protected NC

10. Tarnbir Forum Member

HIC have always worked out good for me, friendly and helpful people to, only downside of there service is the phone queue times,

Can you not call your old insurance company to send you a copy of the original No claims??, usually charge you a few quid but worth it.

Taz

11. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Admiral, Bell, Elephant, Norwich Union Direct - all the same company. They've always matched quotes for me in the past, maybe they are trying to "diversify" a bit more towards different types of drivers, and so their computers are biased towards their target group?
    I'm with Admiral, because they were the only people who would insure me for less than about 3 grand..... :lol:

12. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

I usually get the indian call centre - makes me laugh when at the end of the call the guy says in a thick Indian accent "For your records sir, my name is Jason....."
    NO IT'S NOT, YOU'RE IN FUCKING NEW DEHLI OR SOMEWHERE!
    [:x] :lol:
    Edited by: TheSecondComing

13. Admin Guest

i have a feeling that the call center is not in cardiff ;) :lol:

unles the southerners have picked up a new accent [:s] :lol:

14. MrBen Forum Junkie

75% is very high- usually max is 65%. Anyway, it'll be no more than 5 years, and quite possible 4.

15. MrBen Forum Junkie

This sort of thread cracks me up. If you have not claimed in that year, you can bet that other people will have done so - that's where your money goes - it's the whole point of insurance!!

16. vwagain Forum Member

What winds me up(and makes me laugh!!)is when i use one of those online insurance searches. You can get quotes one night and they seem quite reasonable, then try again the next night or even latyr the same day/night and the quotes are all higher than the first time you tried!!!!?????[:s]

Also, i built up 5 years no claims with a motor traders/valeters policy but when i left the motor trade, no insurance company would acknowledge my no claims and i had to start from scratch again[:x]

A total law onto themselfs insurance companys[8(]

Stu

17. DAVE 2227 Forum Junkie

I think you will find a marriage certificate holds that record. [:|]

18. Admin Guest

cheers thats great, [:D]

now to see if i stick with the current fools or go some where else..

19. Admin Guest

well told endsleigh to fck off basically, they think they can take my money they have another thing coming, useless fcks they were,
    spoke to one person about all the trouble they had caused me, he got some what stumped by it all, then spoke to his manager who was trying to give me the hard sell still on the policies, er maybe boyo number one didn't make it clear why you were ringing me, i don't want to discuss the policy cost with you, some what un competitive ones, i'm not going to renew my insurance with you as of the 26th, i'm not bothered to run around for you any more, i'll go else where.

so i did [:D]

better deal less money job done [:D]

20. 45rugdub Forum Member

Ive been insured with HIC on and off for the past 3 years, anyway only just re-newed policy last month at a cost of 280, got my new car yesterday is only a mondeo but HIC said they cant transfer my policy as the mondeo not 15 years old, but they never told me that when I took the policy out. So I have to cancel the policy and start a new one, the quote was 1485. How can it go up by more then 5 times???