Insurance

Discussion in 'Track Prep & Tech' started by Yoof, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Yoof Forum Member

Gents,

Some advice if you please regarding a track orientated insurance policy. Previously I have always insured my car as a modified road vehicle, and never insured it for use on track, or whilst being trailered to trackdays.

However, Im now driving far less on the roads (>1000 miles a year) and the majority of the cars life is spent in my garage, or on a trailer to a trackday.

I presume Im not alone in this, an am interested to know what everyone else does.

The specifics:

- Used for ~ 6 trackdays a year (non-competitive events)
    - Insured for >1,000 miles road use
    - Value 10k
    - Needs to be insured when being stored (in garage) & whilst being transported
    - Car is road legal and has MOT
    - Vehicle extensively modified

Does anyone have a similar policy, if so, who with? I have used competition car insurance previously, their policy also included cover for tools, my trailer and a raft of other things (helmets etc) which is nice, but I have house insurance which covers that too.

Advice gratefully received

Cheers

Pete

2. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Fastest milkman in the West Paid Member

You can try my mate who runs an insurance brokerage he's got a mk2 track car that's road legal and I'm sure he sorted himself a good package lol

Mr D Page
    Blackstone insurance
    Bury
    Manchester
    Google and give them a ring

3. TonyB Paid Member Paid Member

I use David Auden for my Road rally car. Can't recall exactly what the details are but I think its fully comp, rally car so all sorts of mods - none a problem, also includes on event insurance for Road Rallies (third party only I think - but you are legal).

About 120.00 per year. Really good value and nice guys

http://www.rallycar-insurance.co.uk/competition.asp

I use REIS for my hillclimb car, but I just have a storage and transport insurance on that these days. They are good as well, again mods not a problem, unlike 'normal' insurances. However the David Auden one was much better for the Road Rally car.

http://www.reis.co.uk/

4. Yoof Forum Member

Thank you Tony- I insured with REIS this morning, very easy, and nice to deal with on the phone.

Fully Comp, agreed value, covered whilst being transported too, all for 185. Limited mileage of course, but exactly what I need. Trackday cover available as/when just a phone call away.

Cheers

Pete