Intercoolers?

Discussion in 'FSI (inc. GTI 2.0T)' started by murph81, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Forge Forum Member

There are big differences in the ebay cores to the Forge air cores .. we use 3-4 different types of air cores during extensive dyno and road testing ..we check pressure drop , temperature , bhp , and rate of cooling , all these things need to be evaluated and understood before we choose the air core ..we choose between brazed , welded , and glued cores .. the Forge air cores are also have a warranty for life ...
    choose wisely

2. murph81 Forum Member

A few more options and information about these cores on the Forge website would be a great help!

3. Jon Olds Forum Junkie

Still following this. Toyota and Subaru use water cooled top mounts.....Last two events at Croft in the Datsun were fine. Mid winter. Flippin freezing.
    Pulled like a train (heavy, difficult to change direction, minimal brakes. LOL!!!!)
    No temp issues at all.

Mid summer in 30C ambient with lots of chicanes and low average speeds though?
    Jon

4. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

My Pro-alloy one is coping with anything i can throw at it!

PWR charge cooler is what i am going with for my Vw Lupo build 2.0L 20vt with GT35